Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Save the Date - Gigafactory Party July 29th in Reno

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do I send you a message? I want 1-2 tickets as well...
1f49b

Confused about giving tickets away...it says on invite that guests must arrive with ticket holder ???

How do you message people on here? I'm a newbie
y0McUPhZr2eaqKBBURWpAyGMOMEzjnjydRVEmAud7n897fyHrGTmxPC2bNdDv0ua7X0j65eQGtmFvXCKOU0cL8Tp2mtHXVFMovkLYcndcnEqVwGwy2oqOT0LIpM7Tn_NpIvXBnL4XYTSeH9eplPTBdux5N5hNI-1TucLBd8qoSZizfu3WoEXHYKf2e2XjiD31qWkX6KwCq2aqSo=s0-d-e1-ft

What awesome b-day fun!! Congratulations...very happy for you
enjoy!

Me too Hermann, same!
Determined to be there... looking for a ticket!

Just saw this article ... looks like we may have Model 3 test rides :cool:

Tesla sends out ‘Gigafactory Grand Opening’ invites: test drives, factory tours and remarks are scheduled

One of the prizes for the latest round of Tesla’s referral program, which ended last Friday, was an invite for two at the ‘Gigafactory Grand Opening’ on July 29. The invites are now going out with a few more details on the event, as well as a raffle for more invites for Tesla owners.

The event will start at 6pm at Tesla’s ‘Gigafactory 1’ at 1 Electric Avenue, Sparks, Nevada, on July 29th. Attendees will be offered test drives, without specifying for which vehicles, and they will offer factory tours before and after “remarks” at 9pm. Here’s are the bullet points in the RSVP:

• Your RSVP is good for yourself and one guest.
  • Invitations are non-transferable and ID will be checked on arrival. Guests must arrive at the same time as the primary ticket holder.
  • Check-in will open at 5pm.
  • Factory Tours and test rides will be offered on a first to arrive basis from 6-9pm. Time slots will be allocated at check-in.
  • Remarks will begin at 9pm, tours and rides to resume after remarks.
  • Children must be over the age of 8 and over 48 inches tall.
This is the invite for the Tesla owners who referred 4 or more new buyers:

Other Tesla owners have received invitations to enter a raffle to win an invite to the event. Some of the owners who received this invitation reportedly also referred 4 or more new buyers, but didn’t received the direct invite, which created some confusion.

We contacted Tesla to get some clarifications and we will update when we have more details.
Here’s the invite to enter the raffle:

gigafactory-invite-4.png

Aside from current Tesla owners, we also reported that Tesla quietly created a ‘Golden Ticket’ drawing for all the Model 3 reservation holders who placed a pre-order during the first day and randomly selected 12 winners to receive an all-expenses paid trip to the Gigafactory Grand Opening. Tesla CEO Elon Musk has been building up expectations recently for the event to be something quite special. He said that “one thing Tesla is good at is we throw good parties”.

I got a +3 reservation. I won a ticket for myself and one guest in the three referral programs. Me+1 plus me+1 plus me+1 equals me+3 in the funny world of Tesla math?

View attachment 185571
If anyone is interested in the official schedule of the evening just PM me.

Please explain how to PM on here... ???

I am looking to go to the party, if anyone has a extra +1, and is willing to share, please let me know.

I will be in town Wednesday night with a (gas) rental car, and depending on the time, can pick someone up from the airport.

Thanks.

I will be there in a Prius... close enough to drive from my house. Happy to be a plus+one...
Please PM me if you have any idea on a ticket.
Would prefer not to have to sneak in, in the catering truck.... LOL

Would welcome a +1 here too.
In the meantime, I am trying to secure an invite and if lucky enough, will offer the +1 to this thread.

I will be your plus one.
Please PM me... (I don't know how to do that yet : )

Well, I think I'll jump on the bandwagon. I live a mere 98 miles from 1 Electric Ave and might be willing to provide room and board to those making the drive. The supercharger in Reno ought to make it an even easier commute over the pass than it was before.

side note...would like to attend if possible (that is if I can't make it to L.A. for Connect)

Hi Diana~ I am making the drive. Its 4 hours and 1 minute from my home. Straight shot according to Google maps...
I am female and would love love love to attend...

Folks started offering money for the slots. I am giving mine away to Doug and a lucky TMCConnect guest.

Hi Reeler
y0McUPhZr2eaqKBBURWpAyGMOMEzjnjydRVEmAud7n897fyHrGTmxPC2bNdDv0ua7X0j65eQGtmFvXCKOU0cL8Tp2mtHXVFMovkLYcndcnEqVwGwy2oqOT0LIpM7Tn_NpIvXBnL4XYTSeH9eplPTBdux5N5hNI-1TucLBd8qoSZizfu3WoEXHYKf2e2XjiD31qWkX6KwCq2aqSo=s0-d-e1-ft

Based on the rules, guests cannot enter unless they are with the primary ticket holder at the same time.
Makes giving them away or selling them pretty hard all the way around.

I was hoping I could enter the party with you?
Here's my email so we can private message and introduce ourselves.
Unless there is a way to private message on here? which I don't see:
[email protected]

Here's my email: [email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Reeler

Based on the rules, guests cannot enter unless they are with the primary ticket holder at the same time.
Makes giving them away or selling them pretty hard all the way around.

I have 4 extra tickets. All 6 of us have to show up at the same time. I have offered them to Doug for the TMCConnect conference to give out to attendees. Doesn't seem fair to try to make a buck off these and would rather them go to fans in some sort of fair way.

I have 4 extra tickets. All 6 of us have to show up at the same time. I have offered them to Doug for the TMCConnect conference to give out to attendees. Doesn't seem fair to try to make a buck off these and would rather them go to fans in some sort of fair way.

Here we go again. How do you have four extra tickets and six total? At most , if you have one Tesla account it's you + 3 guests. Do you have multiple accounts?

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Well, I guess I got notified that I didn't win through seeing the posts on this forum from those who did win.
I will be in Reno for TMC Connect, so if an extra ticket finds me, I'd be thrilled - and anyone who is going to GF-Party who isn't planning on attending TMC Connect - I highly highly highly recommend it - this will be my third year and it is intensely fun Tesla-time. You will finally get to meet in person all the people you've been following for the last year (Doug has promised me that anyone who has been ignored by at least 10 TMC-ers is not allowed to attend - j/k - Doug's too laid-back to be anything but fun-loving and inclusive, but I'm pretty sure trolls won't attend)

Just got an invite and RSVP'd. Thrilled to be attending the opening!

Here is the text of the confirmation email, if anyone is interested:

Thank you for confirming your attendance for the Gigafactory Grand Opening. We're looking forward to sharing this exciting milestone with you.

Please note the following:
  • Your RSVP is good for yourself and one guest.
  • Invitations are non-transferable and ID will be checked upon arrival. Guests must arrive at the same time as the primary ticket holder.
  • Check-in will open at 5pm.
  • Factory Tours and test rides will be offered on a first to arrive basis from 6-9pm. Time slots will be allocated at check-in.
  • Remarks will begin at 9pm, tours and rides to resume after remarks.
  • Food and drinks will be served beginning at 6pm.
  • The event will be held both indoors and outdoors so we recommend light outerwear in case of cooler weather.
  • Closed toed shoes must be worn. Flat-heeled shoes recommended.
  • Children must be over the age of 8 and over 48 inches tall.

PARKING AND CHARGING
  • Valet parking will be available onsite. Entry to valet parking will be via Electric Avenue.
  • Charging will not be available onsite. The closest Supercharger locations are in Reno or Truckee.

ACCOMMODATIONS
Please note guests are responsible for the cost of their travel to and from the event.
We recommend booking a room at one of the following nearby hotels:
  • Hyatt Place Reno Tahoe Airport
  • Hilton Garden Inn Reno
  • Residence Inn Reno
  • Courtyard Reno

Should you have any questions, please email [email protected].

We look forward to seeing you!

The Tesla Team