Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Saying goodbye to one of our Teslas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 309513 long story short I let a friend borrow my Model S, he got into a fender bender which resulted in a 4 month repair process.
3 of those months was just waiting for Tesla to send the parts.

This did not sit well with the wife.

So unfortunately we’re going to trade it in for an ICE where the automaker will be more than happy to sell you any part you want

I love Tesla! I really do! But these long wait times for body repair is a bit ridiculous
Any reputable shop can do body work, why must we be subjected to inflated prices just because only a few shops are certified to do the work.

Pics of the damage
I hear you, came close to the same problem with my wife's car. Our car eventually got totaled so at least we didn't have to wait for parts, but the process of declaring a total loss took us past new order deadline in march and when my wife heard she'd need to wait till June, she said "for a hundred grand I can buy a lot of nice cars, I am not waiting" - lucky an OA managed to find us an unlisted inventory car which was close to what my wife wanted, so we took it.

Last edited:
The hood wouldn’t latch.
I would have been tempted to duct-tape it shut and drive it. Then after no more than a couple of weeks escalate via the online escalation. After third week I would add a large sign to the car near the duct-tape "waiting for Tesla parts to repair this since dd-mm-yyyy" and drive it around like that, plus tweet a picture of this to Elon, then re-tweet again every month - "still waiting".

I would have been tempted to duct-tape it shut and drive it.
Then after no more than a couple of weeks escalate via the online escalation.
After third week I would add a large sign to the car near the duct-tape "waiting for Tesla parts to repair this since dd-mm-yyyy"
and drive it around like that, plus tweet a picture of this to Elon, then re-tweet again every month - "still waiting".
I was wondering if the OP had been able to drive the car to the Tesla Service center or not?
If so, local driving, may be not highway speed, seems possible?