Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SC01 + CCS retrofit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I own a 2016 SC01, will Tesla mess with my unlimited SC if I add CCS retrofit? Has anybody done the CCS retrofit to their SC01?
My guess is no, and groudps to lawsuit if they did, but just want to be sure before I go spend $450 to get my SC01 removed... LOL

No. You don't need to worry about this.

It's convenient for me to have CCS because there is a free CCS charger closer to me than the supercharger near me (and there are a few free CCS chargers I can stop in between superchargers when on a road trip. Foudn them using PlugShare app) and my car after 70ish % it's as low as 50kW which is what the CCS is so I don't gain anything but add more milleage and waste more time driving all the way to the supercharger when I could use the CCS charger near... PLUS I can charge on any CCS network in case of emergency when there isn't a Tesla one nearby (very uncommon, but hey, that situation does exists) 🙃

Historically, Tesla has honored the unlimited Supercharging (SC) for vehicles that came with it, regardless of modifications or upgrades. Adding a CCS retrofit shouldn't affect your unlimited SC privileges. I've come across a few fellow owners who've done the CCS retrofit without any issues related to Supercharging. Safe travels!

Reactions: earroyo