Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

sce baseline credit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Something I didnt realize at first, the baseline credit with SCE says:

Baseline credit: $0.07 per kWh up to your monthly baseline allocation

But if you export more than import, then they multiply the negative kWh by negative 0.07 and that becomes a positive! I didnt realize this. Is this fair?

Edit: the PENALTY will be limited by the export amount or the allocation amount whichever is smaller. I am still outraged though.

Well I am outraged, unless somebody can point out why I shouldnt be? Baseline credit is based on your monthly allocation (however they come up with it is a bit random but based on neighborhood usage), it has nothing to do with how much power you export. So say you exported 0.01kWh net one month, they flip the allocation to negative and your "baseline credit" becomes a PENALTY for exporting 0.01 kWh and you have to pay allocation x credit, -300kWh (allocation) x -$0.07 = $21 each month you are tiny bit net negative!

Last edited:
No, you only pay the amount up to the baseline, and only the portion of it that you export. So for example, if your monthly net export was 52kWh, your credit would be -$3.54 (at the current baseline credit of $0.06816/kWh for TOU-D-A).

I am eligible to sign up for SCE's medical baseline, but would it actually cost me MORE if I am a net generator (solar+powerwall) for the year? I've been unable to wrap my brain around this. Thanks for anyone that can enlighten me.

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but it's the most relevant I could find.