Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SCE offers BEV / PHEV drivers a $450 one time check

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RubberToe

Supporting the greater good
Jun 28, 2012
El Lay
SCE just announced today a new program that offers customers a $450 onetime check for driving an EV or plugin hybrid. This is above and beyond the California $2,500 new vehicle purchase incentive, and is available for new cars, used cars, or leased cars. All that is required is an active SCE account, with the cars registration showing that service address. See the program details here:

Driving an Electric Vehicle Can Put Cash in Your Pocket

RT

Thanks Tam! I've applied for Sandy. But the rules are clear: The name on the car registration must match the name on the SCE account. So I have my name only on the utility account. Maybe I could add her name to the SCE account.

Our two applications are numbered under one thousand.

The site says:

"If you have multiple eligible EVs in your household, you may receive a rebate for each vehicle if you otherwise qualify."
It does not indicate a restriction of how many EVs you can claim.

Good luck!
As far as I know, the only restrictions from PG&E and SCE are that the check is issued to the utility account owner and the vehicles must be currently paid up on their DMV registration and registered to the same address as the utility account. The names on the registration and utility account DO NOT have to match.

BTW, I started a thread in the California sub-forum about these utility rebates.

I was able to claim 2 EV's. One Model S and one Leaf. So, $900 total. SInce I have owned these cars since 2013, it feels like I am cheating. I'm going to donate 1/2 to Home - Plug In America and the other 1/2 I am not sure yet. Maybe Jon Ossof? Maybe Solar CitiSuns

What about RubberToe's Model 3 FundMe page???

At least consider me for the third 1/2 donation... :D

RT

• Funny
Reactions: gene
Thanks Tam! I've applied for Sandy. But the rules are clear: The name on the car registration must match the name on the SCE account. So I have my name only on the utility account. Maybe I could add her name to the SCE account.

Our two applications are numbered under one thousand.

If Sandy is your lawfully wedded wife, I would argue that she is responsible for half the utility bill, and owns half of each automobile, since we are in a community property state. Caution: I am not a lawyer, so take my words with a dose of sodium chloride. Or a shot of whiskey.

In my e-mail just now!

Vern,
Your applications have been received and the names match the vehicle registration as they should. As long as the the vehicles are registered to the address associated with the SCE service account you have provided, it doesn't matter which name is on the bill.
Sincerely,
The SCE Clean Fuel Rewards Program Team
Contact Us:

(888) 851-2723
[email protected]
scecleanfuel.com

• Informative
Reactions: Takumi