Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scheduled charging setting doesn't stick & Optiwatt

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

So recently my scheduled charging time setting in the app doesn't seem to hold anymore. When I get home and plug in the car, it starts charging right away despite setting it to charge at 9pm. Everytime it happens I open the app and noticed the toggle for enabling scheduled charging is back in the off position. I'm not sure if this is tied to me installing and trying out the optiwatt app, but i uninstalled that a week ago since they didn't have my utility plan's pricing correct (yes, i know I can manually enter it). Could the optiwatt connection to my account messed up the charging schedule setting?

Yes. To block unwanted access to your Tesla vehicle charging settings you should change the login password on your Tesla account. If Optiwatt pings you for the new password then you'll know that Optiwatt is still attempting to access your account.

replying to this thread to share my experience.
I was having scheduled charging issues with my MYLR ... couldn't figure out why that even if I set my tesla to charge at 12am (and the display in the car said the same)... after 5-15 minutes, the car would just start charging.

I finally figured out that disabling optiwatt access to my account solved the problem. YMMV

Cheers

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H