Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scheduled Delivery for next week, questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, I have some questions about the delivery/pickup process, as a lot's changed since I got my original Model 3 in Aug'19.

Are you allowed to refuse (although with the wait times I dont see that happening) if there is major problems on pickup day? Or have they changed that? I know they got rid of the 7 day return policy.

Is there anything in particular to look out for w/ current Y builds? When I got my M3 SR+ in 2019 a lot of the issues and problems from earlier builds had been fixed, I was very happy with my m3.

Yea - I just read people refusing there Y deliveries when they first came out cause of panel gaps and various other problems. I haven't kept up since I was a happy M3 owner but that suddently changed 2 months ago. So I'm trying to catch up and see if those issues are still a thing.

Every post about new MY owners mention having no problems with build quality, maybe some minor trim or marks but nothing serious. Sounds like Tesla did up their manufacturing process. I don't think you should have a problem either. Enjoy your new MY

Reactions: 101dals and mlkmade
There are a couple threads about a particular humming noise that comes from a coolant pump. The main issue is that it can be heard inside the car and can be loud enough to be annoying,. My explanation probably isn't doing it justice, and everyone's tolerance for interior cabin noise is going to be different. It's something I'm watching more closely than panel gaps as I wait for my delivery,

Feel free to watch and decide for yourself how important it is - Model Y Humming Noise

Just received the car this Sunday. Overall, no real quality issues. But I also didn't go in with a 100 point checklist.
Agreed, did the same when I picked up my M3. Gave it a good look over, but didn't get on my knees and inspect every single inch of it. If there was something obvious my eye would've caught it. Don't get me wrong Tesla did this to themselves, but I'd bet if everyone who ever purchased a new car brought along a checklist and thoroughly inspected their vehicle top to bottom we'd realize just how imperfect even other makes actually are.

Reactions: mrwug
I got approved for my loan today @ 2.49% - I asked if they could shop around like I've read from others in the thread (Tesla Finance) and they said no, 2.49% is the best you can get.

Is that true?

You can bring your own financing. However, if you finance for more than 3 years - you'll find 2.49% to be very good. I think Tesla's preferred partner program sets a flat rate of 2.49% regardless of the length - so 2.49% for 6 years is going to be really hard to beat. My credit union offers slightly lower but only for 36 months, longer terms quickly go up until they reach nearly 5% (based on nearly perfect credit rating). However, since you have already secured your 2.49% rate - there is no harm shopping your loan. I was actually pleasantly surprised I got such a good rate (2.49%) via Tesla since my score isn't great (lack of accounts, no balances).

On the other question. I know you can point out any problems at delivery and schedule an appointment to have them addressed. This is pretty common but becoming less needed since quality has improved a lot in recent months. I know some have had Tesla fix stuff on delivery day before you drive it home. They told me I could take a day or so to point out issues when I picked up mine since it was raining and difficult to do a real, complete inspection. While there, I didn't notice any problems so anything I find later would be pretty minor.

Last edited:
You can bring your own financing. However, if you finance for more than 3 years - you'll find 2.49% to be very good. I think Tesla's preferred partner program sets a flat rate of 2.49% regardless of the length - so 2.49% for 7 years is going to be really hard to beat. My credit union offers slightly lower but only for 36 months, longer terms quickly go up until they reach nearly 5% (based on nearly perfect credit rating). However, since you have already secured your 2.49% rate - there is no harm shopping your loan. I was actually pleasantly surprised I got such a good rate (2.49%) via Tesla since my score isn't great (lack of accounts, no balances).

On the other question. I know you can point out any problems at delivery and schedule an appointment to have them addressed. This is pretty common but becoming less needed since quality has improved a lot in recent months. I know some have had Tesla fix stuff on delivery day before you drive it home. They told me I could take a day or so to point out issues when I picked up mine since it was raining and difficult to do a real, complete inspection. While there, I didn't notice any problems so anything I find later would be pretty minor.

Interesting, 72 months/6 years is the max term length they offer. I didn't see 84months/7years. This is my second time financing through Tesla. Back in 2019 for my M3 SR+ I got 4.24% which was considered good then. Funny how things changed.

As far as everything else, thanks for sharing your, good to know.

September MYLR build here. Very, very good quality and finish, picked up last Sunday. I came armed up with a thorough delivery checklist and the car passed everything with flying colors. I only had a minor paint blemish on the rear bumper - Tesla folks just polished it on the spot.

I've been literally sitting at the garage door step and gazing at her every afternoon for the last week. My wife starts to look concerned. I look back at her (uhm, the car) when I leave her at parking lot going to work. The car is pure joy to own but you already know that.

Reactions: awesomejt
Interesting, 72 months/6 years is the max term length they offer. I didn't see 84months/7years. This is my second time financing through Tesla. Back in 2019 for my M3 SR+ I got 4.24% which was considered good then. Funny how things changed.

As far as everything else, thanks for sharing your, good to know.

Sorry - I got 6 years (72 months) at 2.49% via Tesla preferred partner program. My credit union offers longer (up to 96 months). When I inquired in August, they were more expensive than Tesla starting at the 4 year mark. But, I just checked their website and their range is 1.79% (36 months) up to 5.59% (96 months) with 72 months being at 2.29% - which is way better than a couple months ago.

September MYLR build here. Very, very good quality and finish, picked up last Sunday. I came armed up with a thorough delivery checklist and the car passed everything with flying colors. I only had a minor paint blemish on the rear bumper - Tesla folks just polished it on the spot.

I've been literally sitting at the garage door step and gazing at her every afternoon for the last week. My wife starts to look concerned. I look back at her (uhm, the car) when I leave her at parking lot going to work. The car is pure joy to own but you already know that.

Yeah, same here. In my nearly 30 year driving history, I have never bothered to "name" my cars. They were just a simple utility, a necessary evil of modern society and nothing more. My red Model Y is named "Ruby" - after a passed dog (a very lively red-golden retriever).

• Love
Reactions: ZeeMike