Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scheduled Departure for vacation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am planning a vacation trip in Feb and wondering how effective it is when for warming the cabin. I usually plan to leave at a certain time but what usually happens is I forget to load something in the trunk or back seat, with the doors open and the heat lose was the Scheduled Departure a waste of time?

The HVAC, with the heatpump, heats the cabin very quickly. I've not started my car below 20f, but anything above that, the cabin warms very fast. I'm old, I'm used to the cold cabin. HAHA!

(We've all gotten spoiled by the "remote start" industry in the past decade, wasting resources, needlessly idling ICE cars, NOT monitoring engine sounds at startup. BAH!!! HUMBUG!!!)

I would suggest use Scheduled Departure Preconditioning if leaving home each morning at the same time (i.e. Monday thru Friday.) For other times, when leaving for a trip I suggest using the Tesla app and turn on the climate control ~10 minutes before driving.

Did you know you can use the Tesla app and set a second preconditioning time for when you leave work (assuming you commute)?