Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Schroth BMW E90 - where does rear anchor bolt to?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys,

I have the front anchor installed but not sure exactly where to put the rear anchor. I removed the rear seat and I do see a bracing with bolt to put it
but it would require bending the anchor somewhat.

Appreciate assistance on where to properly bolt it to.

I've attached a picture of the two points that I see that I could bolt to. Point A seems like the one but it would require me to bend the anchor bracket quite a bit.
Capture_rear_seat.PNG

Thanks,
Steve

Thanks Steve.

You're right looks like I was totally wrong, the anchor ties to the actual seat belt bolt at the bottom. BTW some things I discovered:
-you don't really have to remove the entire rear seat
-fold down the rear seat backing partially
-you have to remove the side bolstering (towards the door) which is kind of a pain (without breaking the big white plastic retaining clip - which Tesla
says has to be replaced)

I've attached some pics

Attachments

• IMG_4047.jpg
    IMG_4047.jpg
    232.2 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_4048.jpg
    IMG_4048.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_4049.jpg
    IMG_4049.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_4050.jpg
    IMG_4050.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_4051.jpg
    IMG_4051.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 77
Thanks Steve.

You're right looks like I was totally wrong, the anchor ties to the actual seat belt bolt at the bottom. BTW some things I discovered:
-you don't really have to remove the entire rear seat
-fold down the rear seat backing partially
-you have to remove the side bolstering (towards the door) which is kind of a pain (without breaking the big white plastic retaining clip - which Tesla
says has to be replaced)

I've attached some pics
Looks good. I don't remember having to remove the side trim. I think you just need a ratcheting wrench to get under there.

And for anyone viewing this thread wanting to get the Quickfit E90 Harness, id recommends the Non-Pro version if using with the OEM seat. The pro version brings the shoulder straps closer together at your waist resulting in the straps rubbing against your neck. The Non-pro is further apart and does not rub my neck.

Looks good. I don't remember having to remove the side trim. I think you just need a ratcheting wrench to get under there.

And for anyone viewing this thread wanting to get the Quickfit E90 Harness, id recommends the Non-Pro version if using with the OEM seat. The pro version brings the shoulder straps closer together at your waist resulting in the straps rubbing against your neck. The Non-pro is further apart and does not rub my neck.
Correct the Pro version straps are closer together however note that the reason for this is that it is Hans compatible whereas the regular Quick fit is not.