Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scottsdale (Hayden) service experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Brought my car to service for the first time for the following reasons:
  • Tinters messed up trim on both sides by closing the door with windows fully extended, they refunded me the cost to replace the trim ($300 installed)
  • Light strip on driver side headlight (day time running light) was dim/misaligned
  • Slacker radio audio issues (common known issue)
They scheduled the appointment to ensure replacement parts would be on hand. I arrived a little early the day of, they were all extremely friendly and helpful and didn't let me wait around and got me out the door on my way very quickly.

I didn't think I would need a loaner as I work down the street and they didn't think it would take all day, so they offered to Lyft me to work, which was great when it's already 100*F at 8am, otherwise I would have just walked.

The headlight they received had a blemish so they ended up overnighting a new one and keeping my car overnight. I called and asked if I could get a rental. They were out of Tesla loaners but Hertz is next door. By the time I got there the paperwork was done and the keys were waiting. It was a brand new Infiniti Q50 3.0t. No cost to me.

Car was done by 1030am the next day (just over 24 hour turn around). Everything was done perfectly. Car was washed and vacuumed. They went over every line item of work and ended up warrantying the trim despite me admitting fault (via tinters). Software was updated to 24.8.

Fantasic service experience that is worth sharing. If you're in Arizona, there's nothing to fear. Between Tempe delivery and Scottsdale service, both experiences have been top notch.

What exactly are Tinters and how do you extend the window to damage them? Just asking so I don’t have the same thing happen

Window tinters. I used the same company that has done all of my cars and my home. It was their first Model 3. I'm honestly not sure how they managed to fully extend the window... I tried to replicate it. But the marks line up with the edge of the window and were the same shape and angle on both sides. If you get it done, just be sure to use a shop familiar with Tesla's or be prepared to inform them of a few rules:
  • Don't do the front windshield or do it with care (electronics directly below)
  • Rear window requires a larger 60" roll
  • Check window height before closing each door.