Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scrapes and blemishes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is bullshit! I yelled out as i stared at the trunk of my black 3. She told me to wait while she got her stupid 7-11 cup forgotten inside. I waited where I thought I was pulled out far enough from the garage. She found her cup, jumped in the car so I hit the button and the garage door started dropping. Didn't notice until it was too late but the door was coming down on top of the trunk of the car. Hit the gas (accelerator) quickly attempting to jolt the car forward before the door hit the car. Thought I got it until i jumped out to check for damage. Bullshit!
Rtrunk-garage-scrape.jpg

A few days later I'm parked at a local mall parking lot. Waiting for my son to finish his class so I'm chilling out watching Netflix. From my rear view I see a group of teens flying towards me on BMX bikes. 3 fly by, 1 hits my mirror. Something explodes and flies off the car but the mirror is still attached. Luckily, the mirror itself snaps right back into position. The metal bottom piece was found and snapped back on also.
Rmirror-cyclist-victim.jpg

If you get the HomeLink module installed it wont close the door until you're well clear of the door. And you don’t even have to push a button.

That'll probably buff out. I had someone "key… my car once. It looked bad, but it was just the clear coat and they were able to buff it put for a couple hundred bucks.

A few days later I'm parked at a local mall parking lot. Waiting for my son to finish his class so I'm chilling out watching Netflix. From my rear view I see a group of teens flying towards me on BMX bikes. 3 fly by, 1 hits my mirror. Something explodes and flies off the car but the mirror is still attached. Luckily, the mirror itself snaps right back into position. The metal bottom piece was found and snapped back on also.
View attachment 472052

Do you have sentry mode footage? Post it on Facebook. At the very least you can publicly shame them for being d*cks and maybe their parents will see and they'll get in trouble.

Reactions: C141medic
OP - welcome to car ownership. sounds like a series of terrible events. you may be able to buff most of the trunk scrapes out. you can also use a dark colored wax to help fill in the scratches after the polish.

Oh man that sucks!! That is one of the most common stories I hear about how scratches happened on trunks and rear bumpers... garage doors coming down.
There's no way of knowing whether the scratches can be polished out just by looking at your photo, but a professional detailer will be able to tell pretty quickly upon inspection. A good rule of thumb is; if you can feel the scratch with your fingernail then it is most likely too deep to polish it 100% gone. But even still, it may be able to be reduced safely and make it much less noticeable.
Good luck!