Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scratched a rim, what should I do?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Scratched front right rim while parking. I might be overthinking but am just wondering:

1. Is it possible that the suspension or some joints got damaged of misaligned?
2. Do I need to have the service do some checks or an alignment?
3. Do I need to repair this rim, and is the rim repair only for cosmetic benefit or are there functional benefits as well?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

2022 MSLR, 19s

IMG_1484.jpg

IMG_1485.jpg

Thanks

• Funny
Reactions: ucmndd
Highly doubtful that any damage to anything other than pride and the look of the wheels. I have done the same damage, and ended up doing some light filing and wet sanding of the areas, then matched the color of the rims and brushed it on. Looks fine from any distance. You could do the same.
Many years ago I made custom furniture for folks on the peninsula, los altos hills, etc. so I do have some handy skills, am sure you can do it too.

Reactions: kazamm and Irvine
That is a nice, consistent, minor curb rash. Should be easily repaired, but no one will notice. Nothing damaged, other than pride as Rspanner said. :) This minor damage wouldn't even decrease the resale of your car. Repair it when another more serious incident occurs. You good for now.

Reactions: Irvine and mswlogo
Scratched front right rim while parking. I might be overthinking but am just wondering:

1. Is it possible that the suspension or some joints got damaged of misaligned?
2. Do I need to have the service do some checks or an alignment?
3. Do I need to repair this rim, and is the rim repair only for cosmetic benefit or are there functional benefits as well?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

2022 MSLR, 19s

View attachment 806873

View attachment 806874
The car is ruined. I would give it away to someone less fortunate with a November-December EDD. You will feel much better.

Reactions: Irvine
Nope…They are a complete loss. Anyone who sees them will know what kind of a driver you are. Every time you look at them, you will think, “ God that’s ugly”. So in the spirit of helping a fellow Tesla chap….I’ll come help you by taking them off for free, And you won’t have to pay a thing! Let me know when the complete new set comes in, and I’ll put them on for free too. What a concept…🥴🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣