Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scratches on glove box

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BCC9D548-2177-4096-8296-E23921BFA95D.jpeg
BCC9D548-2177-4096-8296-E23921BFA95D.jpeg

Same here - my wifes bag hits it and I cringe every time. Not much I can do but ask her to keep an eye out for it. I myself have also hit it with my backpack.

It would be nice if the material wouldn't scuff so easily - that way it wouldn't even be an issue.

Maybe some Armor-all or something similar can get it less noticeable. I try to remind myself....it's just a car...it's just a car

Reactions: FlyErik
I heard about this spray (303 (30313-CSR) UV Protectant Spray for Vinyl, Plastic, Rubber, Fiberglass, Leather & More – Dust and Dirt Repellant - Non-Toxic, Matte Finish) in these forums and tried it on my old Honda Accord. It definitely cleaned up the dash, and more, very well but wasn't able to do anything about the scuffs. Overall the results were great and the Matte Finish was very nice compared to what something like Armor All dd to my previous car (not good).

I cut to fit a 3m pro ppf sheet and applied it to the entire glovebox area. It's shiny but fully protected. I'm sometimes not sure if I should do stuff like this, since it's kind of like wrapping your furniture with plastic in the 70's.... but also now all the weird purses my wife brings in the car won't scratch it