Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Passing wires from glove box/compartment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a way to pass wires from inside the glove compartment to the outside? For example, USB game controllers (barely fit and can't use the glove box for anything else, USB chargers, and such.

I've been looking for videos that have some tear down. There are some to attach an extension to the data port to bring data back into the center console. But I can't find anything to get INTO the glove compartment.

Any links, pictures, or descriptions would be appreciated.

Have the same question. Annoyed that iPhone overheats on charging pad after ~20(??) minutes. I’m getting a phone holder and thinking of how best to connect the wire so it’s mostly hidden. Is there a way to get power from globe box usb to the area behind the screen? Thanks

Have the same question. Annoyed that iPhone overheats on charging pad after ~20(??) minutes. I’m getting a phone holder and thinking of how best to connect the wire so it’s mostly hidden. Is there a way to get power from globe box usb to the area behind the screen? Thanks
There are OBD to USB devices that plug into the OBD port under the driver's dash. Then run a long USB cable through the panels and vents to behind the center screen.