Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scratches on Windshield!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed two horizontal and one vertical scratch on my rear driver side window. This was after I had the roof pillar repainted on that side (Tesla Certified Shop). Hopefully they buff out as I was planning on having to buy a whole new piece of glass.

After ~30 days and my first visit to Bellevue Service for some post delivery quarks, I sat in my passenger side and finally noticed these two long scratches above the passenger seat of my X. No idea if they happen during delivery or the service visit, but my guess is this car got driven under something that hung down onto the windshield.

Attachments

• 16B0DBB8-6332-4134-B367-A7324292968B.jpeg
    16B0DBB8-6332-4134-B367-A7324292968B.jpeg
    271.8 KB · Views: 183
  • Informative
Reactions: KenC
The 3's windshield is as dainty as I have seen. I know it happens with others, but I sprayed the car off and the glass cracked. Cost a grand to have replaced because the crack traveled through a nick in the glass smaller than the tip of a pen (even though it radiated multiple directions from another point not near the nick) and they said that could have been the cause... Yes, I need to get glass coverage, but dang, wasn't expecting that after washing a new car off (for a service appointment, eh)

Last edited:
This happened with my oct 2018 m3 AWD. Out of the factory the glass was fine but it was plagued with multiple paint issues.

once I had those addressed by the service center who had the car for 28 days I noticed that a ton of the interior panels were scuffed up to hell (initially I thought it was just dirt I could wipe down) and the glass had tons of scratches and hard water spots. They had the car at two “authorized” paint shops and they also waterless wash their customer cars with probably what I’d imagine are dirty rags that havent been cleaned since 2011.

the SC denied everything for the glass and panels which they said was too late to complain about as soon as I drove off, but they eventually gave me a $300 dollar credit to get a detail, which they still haven’t reimburse me for.

All in all you got some mad shady people running Tesla service.

If you want to buy a luxury 65k car and expect reasonable service and receipt of a car in new-ish condition, go elsewhere

I also had windshield scratches upon delivery. One was deep enough that you could feel it with a fingernail. My SC offered to have a local glass guy repair it. I was also thinking of having windshield protection applied by my detailer so I decided to forgo the repair. Haven’t had any issues since.