Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Windshield wipers scratching windshield

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my windshield replaced recently. Yesterday we got some rain, and my windshield wipers seem to have scratched my windshield. It's time to get new wipers, correct? And the scratches can be repaired using a windshield repair kit?

It's annoying because some of the scratches are on my field of vision, and are noticeable when driving towards the sun...

Attachments

• 20230714_092735.jpg
    20230714_092735.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 203
  • 20230714_092741.jpg
    20230714_092741.jpg
    269.6 KB · Views: 129
I had my windshield replaced recently. Yesterday we got some rain, and my windshield wipers seem to have scratched my windshield. It's time to get new wipers, correct? And the scratches can be repaired using a windshield repair kit?

It's annoying because some of the scratches are on my field of vision, and are noticeable when driving towards the sun...
Something was stuck under your blade is my guess. I typically wipe my blades off when I wash my car to help prevent this. Not sure how deep the scratches are, could try a glass polish to knock the edge of the scratch which help the light reflect differently and makes them less noticeable. Don't know what that part is, not sure exactly what I'm looking for?

Something was stuck under your blade is my guess. I typically wipe my blades off when I wash my car to help prevent this. Not sure how deep the scratches are, could try a glass polish to knock the edge of the scratch which help the light reflect differently and makes them less noticeable. Don't know what that part is, not sure exactly what I'm looking for?
Could a small shard of glass cause this kind of scratch?

Not sure, typically in order to scratch glass you need something harder than it. Grit, or sand is usually the culprit. Wonder how hard your replacement glass is, from a Tesla S/C or aftermarket?
It's a Tesla Service Center windshield. My previous windshield got damaged heavily, so I'm wondering if some glass shards from that incident got under my windshield wipers and are causing these scratches

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230620_172349_Reddit.jpg
    Screenshot_20230620_172349_Reddit.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 96