Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screen freezing, AC blasting, sound-off glitch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a new issue since the last software update. After turning on the music or radio, the sound glitches and then all of the sound goes off (e.g., blinkers) and the screen freezes. In addition, the AC starts blasting. I cannot do anything on the screen, no touch input registers. A screen or system reset fixes the issue. It doesn’t happen if I don’t use the radio or music. I’m wondering if anyone has experienced this glitch, and if so, what they did to fix it. I’m assuming I’ll need to contact service, but I was curious to see if this is widespread or just me.

Is there an alien space ship over head when this happens? :eek:
which update version?
If resetting the car is not solving the issue, then ask the service center to push the same or newer update to the car in order to rule out a firmware problem. Bad firmware is not usually the problem, but pushing an update has been known to solve problems similar to this on rare occasions.

Probably!

version 2020.20.12

I tried to get them to push me an update or re-upload the current version, but they wouldn't do it without making an appointment, which I'll do when I get a chance if there isn't an update soon.