Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screen re-boots every new trip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For about the last month, the screen on my 2019 FSD Model 3 first freezes, then re-boots every morning, or after the car is parked for more than a couple hours.

Tried the two button re-boot.

I have a service appointment scheduled next week but could not help asking whether anyone else had this happen. Oddly, all the features work fine.

I dont see this type of thing posted often, but there have been a few. Beside contacting tesla and asking them to re push the current software update, the other causes are over the map (things like wiring harness issues from rodent damage, etc).

Try asking them to re push the current software update for you.

If you have anything plugged into the USB ports, try removing everything and see if that helps. IF you use the web browser, try not to use it. Just a couple things that I've seen or heard cause trouble...

Thanks, I forgot about that scenario (of USB storage being full). I do remember reading several reports of USB storage for sentry mode being full causing this type of thing. Either removing the USB or re formatting it using the car might be a step to try, as you mentioned.