Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Screen shot of a model x showing what V11 looks like

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if someone could post a picture of the new V11 UI on the main screen of a Model X

Is there anything specific you’re looking for?

B6E791F7-9162-43F0-AE96-AF0DC2D1EA45.jpeg

Here's mine. I have a 2017 with MCU2. It's not much different than V10. The only thing I'm missing are the heated seats icons on the dock. Manipulating the map directions works a bit differently. Everything else feels the same to me. It's not as drastic of a change compared to Model 3/Y.

20220112_161546.jpg

Reactions: dmurphy
I have not downloaded V11 yet based on the negative comments on this forum so just wanted to know if it is something I can deal with. You picture did not come through.
Sorry, I have no idea why the forum software won’t post my photo. I just tried saving it as a PDF; maybe that’ll work better.

To be honest, V11 on the S/X isn’t nearly as dramatic as it is on the 3/Y. I still don’t love the media play, but I didn’t love V10’s, either.

It’s very workable on the X. One common complaint is that the seat heaters are now in the HVAC menu; I’m totallly good with that. On V10, I’d hit the seat heater icons by mistake more than on purpose, so this change is OK by me!

Here's mine. I have a 2017 with MCU2. It's not much different than V10. The only thing I'm missing are the heated seats icons on the dock. Manipulating the map directions works a bit differently. Everything else feels the same to me. It's not as drastic of a change compared to Model 3/Y.

View attachment 763003
Thanks for posting this, if you do not have the seats showing what is at the bottom of the screen.

So, I've noticed one annoying thing which I don't seem to be able to fix. When I open the browser it only fills 2/3 of the screen, leaving a big gap at the top. Even though the little drag bar is at the top, it won't go up--just down.

That means you really can't see a full page of many websites without scrolling, which is really a pain. It was not that way before and I don't understand why that is true for that app but not many others.

Anyone else notice this? Any suggestions?

So, I've noticed one annoying thing which I don't seem to be able to fix. When I open the browser it only fills 2/3 of the screen, leaving a big gap at the top. Even though the little drag bar is at the top, it won't go up--just down.

That means you really can't see a full page of many websites without scrolling, which is really a pain. It was not that way before and I don't understand why that is true for that app but not many others.

Anyone else notice this? Any suggestions?
Because they don't care about our tall screens. The future is wide screens so we get left behind. That window is how big it is on the wide screen, so that's it.

I'm sure the programmers could make a browser that scales per screen size. Hell Microsoft and Google do it with their products and support many different screens. Too much to ask for a company that is really working on one product, to the detriment of all else, FSD.

Atleast my browser doesn't lock up immediately like before, so there is that. Does my Hulu login now? Not sure, need to check.

How do you not update? On my 2020, if I keep delaying, the screen will lock up every 2-4 days and need a reboot until I take the update, then stable.
I just leave the yellow clock in the upper right corner and everytime I get in the car the update box shows up in the middle of the screen and just hit the x so it goes away. Not sure how long this will last it has been several weeks so far.

Because they don't care about our tall screens. The future is wide screens so we get left behind. That window is how big it is on the wide screen, so that's it.

I'm sure the programmers could make a browser that scales per screen size. Hell Microsoft and Google do it with their products and support many different screens. Too much to ask for a company that is really working on one product, to the detriment of all else, FSD.

Atleast my browser doesn't lock up immediately like before, so there is that. Does my Hulu login now? Not sure, need to check.
Fortunately my browser stopped crashing too. But this is especially odd since other apps do go higher on the screen so I don't understand why this one does not. Perhaps because it's now enclosed in the "Entertainment" window.