Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SCUBA diving with the X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ngng

Jul 23, 2018
Bay Area
Posted this in the wrong forum, but might be helpful for other divers. I have a 6 seater and wasn't sure where I would fit all my tanks.

Originally I had four tanks in the trunk with my 35g gear box on top of them. I knew I could fit one or two tanks in the front but I wasn't sure. When I was packing up after our last dive I figured I'd see how many would fit in the frunk and was pleasantly surprised. Turns out I can fit 2x steel 100s and 2x aluminum 80s.

Sometimes I wish I had the foldable 2nd row!

PXL_20221029_201619465.jpg

PXL_20221029_201633472.jpg

• Love
Reactions: ElectricIAC
For my Model 3 I have a double layer organizer for the rear trunk 'hole'.... the top holds two tanks perfectly. Never tried the frunk of the 3, but whish I had the room the the Y!

Nice, any photos? I should try the rear trunk hole, but from the quick measurements I took I don't think it's deep enough to hold more than one tank. I also have a bunch of emergency roadside stuff, and random stuff I keep in the car that is a pain to move.

My buddy has a Y and fit either one or two tanks in the front of the Y. He was able to fit two people's worth of dive gear in the car. I think the foldable seats makes a huge difference.