Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scuff/paint ding question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just picked up my Model Y this morning and as my luck would have it, driving home on the highway a piece of rough cardboard flew off the back of a truck and into the front of my new car. As best I can tell, there is one small nick to the paint on the front bumper and two scuff marks / scratches that I am not able to get out by wiping them. What do you recommend? Is this something I would call the service center for? Guessing it is not a warranty item. I appreciate any recommendations for help.

What do you recommend? Is this something I would call the service center for? Guessing it is not a warranty item.

It definitely would not be a warranty item. Whether the SC could help or not I am not sure, but it would be at your cost Based only on your description, I might start with taking it to a car detail place and see if they think they could buff out the scuffs or if they are through the clear coat.

I am not an expert on this though, so perhaps someone else has a different suggestion.