Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seamless NoA on Autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These new features are all within LV 3.

No, no matter how advanced the features, none of them are "within L3" ... the car remains L2 ADAS (under nag regime to ensure constant human supervision) with the driver legally liable at all times for where it ends up.

The biggest reason Tesla drivers end up in severe accidents is through erroneously thinking they already have a SDC, i.e. >=L3.

Realistic timeline for actual L3 with HW3 & FSD = Jan 2023.

• Informative
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck
No, no matter how advanced the features, none of them are "within L3" ... the car remains L2 ADAS (under nag regime to ensure constant human supervision) with the driver legally liable at all times for where it ends up.

The biggest reason Tesla drivers end up in severe accidents is through erroneously thinking they already have a SDC, i.e. >=L3.

That’s why I’m not understanding Canada being held back, if indeed the cases. This still all falls within L2. They are driver assistance features and the driver needs to remain in control.

That’s why I’m not understanding Canada being held back, if indeed the cases. This still all falls within L2. They are driver assistance features and the driver needs to remain in control.

Correct, the whole "regulators" story is a mere fig-leaf to slow-roll release of rawhide software which is still trying to tie up its bootlaces as it learns to run.
Same in Europe, as it all remains L2 (even FSD for several years after introduction) there is absolutely nothing for regulators to do.

Within LV3 means <= LV 3. It doesn't mean that by having these features will make us LV 3. We might get true LV3 if we get fully functional features that is being promised on Tesla's website right now, ie. recognition of traffic lights and stop signs. LV 3 would be if i get inside the car, punch in the destination, then the car will drive itself from point A to B, but with myself being a co-pilot in case the system fails. I'm hoping it happens sooner than 2023.

Even with LV 3, driver still need to pay attention at all times. Problem is ignorant driver is mistaking currently LV 2 ish EAP as LV 4 driving.

Within LV3 means <= LV 3. It doesn't mean that by having these features will make us LV 3. We might get true LV3 if we get fully functional features that is being promised on Tesla's website right now, ie. recognition of traffic lights and stop signs. LV 3 would be if i get inside the car, punch in the destination, then the car will drive itself from point A to B, but with myself being a co-pilot in case the system fails. I'm hoping it happens sooner than 2023.

Within LV3 means <= LV 3 = L2, after which we entirely agree :D

They need to verify that the features are within LV 3 2.

FTFY

Within LV3 means <= LV 3 = L2, after which we entirely agree :D

FTFY
o_O anyways, we can go on 4ever but all features that Tesla is coming up with is working towards at best LV 3 until next year which is not even that useful. They shouldn't even call it FSD if it's not at least LV 4 - I want to just get drunk and let my model 3 drive me home safely!