Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat Belt Extenders for Rear Seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Max already addressed the LATCH with booster seat question but here is a link to the booster seat in question in case anyone is curious (assuming TMC allows links like this):

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AHVR7ZI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I had a look at the NHTSA site you indicated but didn't see any specific references to seat belt extenders. It does reiterate the same info that Max provided about how a seat belt is supposed to fit for proper function.

I know you mean well but trust me, the last thing I need is a link to another website with generalized info on car seats. Like many responsible fathers I did fairly extensive (perhaps even excessive) research on the subject. You initially indicated that California prohibits the use of seat belt extenders with all "child seats". I asked for a reference to that information. Answering with your link is kind of like handing me a library card when I ask about a specific quote from Scene I, Act III of The Taming of the Shrew.

The best I can give you is just Verbal. When the NHTSA trained my daughter to be an installer and trainer, no additions to the buckles and attachments that the manufacturer of both the car and the seat provide are allowed.

Yes, the back seat seatbelts are really inset. My booster seat sits on top of the seatbelt when using the latch system. I originally was buckling the seatbelt withe the longer middle seat belt by mistake. No wonder the seatbelt warning kept coming on. It would be nice if the end seat belts were as long as the middle seat belt latch

Yes, the back seat seatbelts are really inset. My booster seat sits on top of the seatbelt when using the latch system. I originally was buckling the seatbelt withe the longer middle seat belt by mistake. No wonder the seatbelt warning kept coming on. It would be nice if the end seat belts were as long as the middle seat belt latch

I have the same issue. Every time I put my kid in the seat, I have to force the seat towards me to be able to buckle in - sometimes I buckle him in reaching in from the driver side (he sits behind the passenger seat) to be able to click in. (My booster seat is held in place with the latch system but uses the seat belt and not a harness).

Reactions: LadyMacbrat
I have the same issue. Every time I put my kid in the seat, I have to force the seat towards me to be able to buckle in - sometimes I buckle him in reaching in from the driver side (he sits behind the passenger seat) to be able to click in. (My booster seat is held in place with the latch system but uses the seat belt and not a harness).
Same thing here!

104910C5-34F9-4A46-96A4-CCB974300B8B.png
ANYONE found extenders for back seat that work? I purchased 2 sets and both work in the front but not the back.

The 3-inch seat belt extenders I bought for my Subaru Forester work perfectly on the Front seats of my Model 3 but NOT on the back seats. Any idea why Tesla Model 3 rear seat belt connectors would be different than the front seats? I'm still looking for a source for 3-inch, Rear seat belt extenders, but no one here has yet been able post a reliable manufacturers model or part number.

The 3-inch seat belt extenders I bought for my Subaru Forester work perfectly on the Front seats of my Model 3 but NOT on the back seats. Any idea why Tesla Model 3 rear seat belt connectors would be different than the front seats? I'm still looking for a source for 3-inch, Rear seat belt extenders, but no one here has yet been able post a reliable manufacturers model or part number.

I had the same issue - bought one from Amazon would not work. I ended up buying from Seat Belt Extender Pros® - Your Source for Safe Seat Belt Extensions. It's a little pricier than the ones on Amazon but works great. I bought the rigid 3" extender.

Works great with the booster seat so now the seat no longer goes over the buckles and now my son can buckle himself in (his school requires the kids to be able to buckle themselves to do the drive-through pickups).

Reactions: MikeHawk