Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat belt marks?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My M3 is scarcely 3 weeks old. I noticed a dark mark on the upper driver's side door post, close to where the seat belt loops through. A dark mark on the gray-ish fabric, about 1cm in diameter. I'm guessing it is caused by the seat belt buckle retracting and hitting that spot frequently.

anyone else? will that mark come out with some form of cleaner? perhaps put a patch of plastic tape at that spot to prevent the mark from forming? passenger-side also?

Here is a pic of what I mean... would really like to remove that spot and prevent more of them...
teslaspot.jpg

Hmm I don't think that's from the belt material itself. Probably some sort of dirt/grease on the belt somewhere?

I would pull out as much of the seat belt as you can and run it through a light-color cloth. See if anything comes off. Then dab at the existing spot with a damp cloth, though it may require some sort of cleaning product to lift the stain. Someone else can probably provide a suggestion on the type of cleaner to use for that material.