TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Seat belt too tight around the abdominal area

Discussion in 'Model S' started by zer0cool, Jul 7, 2015.

1. zer0cool

zer0cool Member

#1 zer0cool, Jul 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
    Both my wife and I feel the seat belt is too tight around the abdominal area (low abdominal area, where seat belts should be), definitely tighter than the seat belts on our current / previous BMW, Lexus, etc.

Is there something you can buy that would stop the seat belt from tightening on the horizontal strap?

We are both pretty thin, so being overweight is not the reason for us feeling it being too tight.

2. gimmi80

gimmi80 Member

I've the same problem. I have to loosen it up constantly while driving as its making me feel very uncomfortable.

3. zer0cool

zer0cool Member

#4 zer0cool, Jul 7, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
    Is this something that Tesla service would resolve? Or should I just buy some sort of seat belt stopper that clicks right about when buckle so it keeps the horizontal strap slightly looser than now?

If I do need to buy something like that, I really have no idea what to buy...

4. kirkbauer

kirkbauer Member

Now that you mention this, I have this happen regularly as well. It really cinches down on me from time to time...