Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat Covers for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi.

I have a question about seat covers. I was trying to get them ordered before my delivery (don’t know yet) but I can’t find any proper seat covers for Model Y.

There are some great options for Model
3. I was wondering if those would fit Model Y as well. All videos mention that it’s same seats but has anyone tried using seat covers. I am looking for front and back seats.

I am looking for something like
https://www.amazon.com/Xipoo-Model-Leather-Season-Protection/dp/B07XR1HDGZ

Maybe it’s my eyes deceiving me but I’m pretty sure my Model Y’s rear center seat is wider than my husband’s model 3 rear center seat. Also the Model Y has a lever/latch on the back of that same middle seat that is non existent on the Model 3 seat. Once I get my car back, I’ll definitely measure those seats though as I could be wrong.

Maybe it’s my eyes deceiving me but I’m pretty sure my Model Y’s rear center seat is wider than my husband’s model 3 rear center seat. Also the Model Y has a lever/latch on the back of that same middle seat that is non existent on the Model 3 seat. Once I get my car back, I’ll definitely measure those seats though as I could be wrong.

I have M3 seat covers ordered. I will try once we receive it.

Only the front seats will fit. The back seats are definitely different. Both wider and different depth.

Im waiting for ones to actually come out for the Y. Most of these are made in China and they don’t have the Y template yet.

Reactions: beezy
I will have to cancel my order then, I am getting it mostly for back seats. Don’t want kids spilling things on white seats.

I might end up getting those generic universal fit covers for now until custom MY options are available.

Has anyone found a satisfactory seat cover option for the Model Y yet? I also was about to purchase a neoprene seat when I saw in the manual that the front seats shouldn't be covered fully because the side air bags may not deploy properly. I asked my local Tesla technician about this and he said it should be OK to cover the rear seats, as the air bags in the rear deploy from the headliner, not the seat side.

From the manual:
p. 167: "CAUTION: Aftermarket, non-Tesla seat covers may inhibit the sensitivity of seat sensors and may cause staining or damage."
p. 28: "WARNING: Do not use seat covers in Model Y. Doing so could restrict deployment of the seatmounted side air bags if a collision occurs. Also, if the vehicle is equipped with an occupant detection system that is used to determine the status of the passenger front airbag, seat covers may interfere with this system."
p. 40: "WARNING: Do not use seat covers on Model Y. Doing so could restrict deployment of the seat-mounted side air bags if a collision occurs. It can also reduce the accuracy of the occupant detection system, if equipped."
The warning is repeated on pp 41 and 43 as well.

So, how to keep the white seats white over time?

Reactions: SaloonGoon
From the manual:
p. 167: "CAUTION: Aftermarket, non-Tesla seat covers may inhibit the sensitivity of seat sensors and may cause staining or damage."
p. 28: "WARNING: Do not use seat covers in Model Y. Doing so could restrict deployment of the seatmounted side air bags if a collision occurs. Also, if the vehicle is equipped with an occupant detection system that is used to determine the status of the passenger front airbag, seat covers may interfere with this system."
p. 40: "WARNING: Do not use seat covers on Model Y. Doing so could restrict deployment of the seat-mounted side air bags if a collision occurs. It can also reduce the accuracy of the occupant detection system, if equipped."
The warning is repeated on pp 41 and 43 as well.

So, how to keep the white seats white over time?

I'm on my second Tesla with white seats. First was a M3LR. Now its a MYP. The only thing that stains them, is blue jean transfer. Literally everything else wipes right off with baby wipes. I personally use non bleach Clorox disinfectant wipes as I really dig the smell over "clean baby booty". HAHA!

You can check out Tesla Model Y seat covers on Tesery online store. I bought mine last year, and they work well all the time. I really like their quality and design. This store focuses on Tesla accessories, so they are very professional. I bought some other Tesla accessories on it too, such as floor mats and sunshades, and I like them very much. If you are interested in it, you can check it out yourself.
View attachment 791693
View attachment 791694
This is looking super fine. I like the design and color!

Reactions: Ahmad AlFalasi
Just installed the WetOkole seat covers in my Model Y. They were easy to install and fit pretty good.

Attachments

• 15BE3FAB-1BD8-4234-B042-40ED82ADFBBE.jpeg
    15BE3FAB-1BD8-4234-B042-40ED82ADFBBE.jpeg
    243.2 KB · Views: 321
Has anyone found a satisfactory seat cover option for the Model Y yet? I also was about to purchase a neoprene seat when I saw in the manual that the front seats shouldn't be covered fully because the side air bags may not deploy properly. I asked my local Tesla technician about this and he said it should be OK to cover the rear seats, as the air bags in the rear deploy from the headliner, not the seat side.
Yes, TSportLine - Tesla Model Y Seat Upgrade Interior Kit

I was going to buy a set but held off. glad I did as I decided to trade my 2020 Y for a 2022 PMY. But I learned the average installation cost is about $800 and must be done by one of their "authorized" installers. There was one within 45 miles of my house here in southern IL in St Louis. The reason is the airbags. They also have many more custom colors to choose from, they sent me their color chart. So I calculated my cost at around $2500.

I wouldn't fool around with the airbags, your life could depend on them.