Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat Covers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have a good review of them? Outside of their site
upload_2019-3-30_5-20-22.png
Show off your Tesla pictures!!

Yeah, but.

Your side airbags are in the seat. If you restrict them and get into a side impact accident they won’t perform as designed. So seat covers are pretty but unsafe in a Tesla.

Supposedly, the seat covers are designed to accommodate the side air bags.

Q: The front seats on a Tesla have airbags embedded in the sides, Will the airbags be covered?
A: We do consider this situation, so we've specially designed for the Tesla airbag, reserve the front seat airbag deployment. But we didn't test it before, so our company assumes no responsibility for anything with airbags accident.

How much you trust that is up to you. Wet Okole does a good job with the airbags, don't know about Taptes,

The covers look nice at first glance but I think I would prefer to spend 10× more and get a professional upholster. Unfortunately, I won't be able to unsee that car wrap.

• Informative
Reactions: SpudLime
Supposedly, the seat covers are designed to accommodate the side air bags.

Q: The front seats on a Tesla have airbags embedded in the sides, Will the airbags be covered?
A: We do consider this situation, so we've specially designed for the Tesla airbag, reserve the front seat airbag deployment. But we didn't test it before, so our company assumes no responsibility for anything with airbags accident.

How much you trust that is up to you. Wet Okole does a good job with the airbags, don't know about Taptes,

The covers look nice at first glance but I think I would prefer to spend 10× more and get a professional upholster. Unfortunately, I won't be able to unsee that car wrap.
What Wet Okole has done with the airbags? Cannot see any information on their website.