Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seat Warmer Not Fixed Yet - 3 Months

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Model X P90D with ventilated/heated seats, which they haven't made in at least 2 years now. I took it into service to get this and other things fixed Dec.7 /18. They fixed everything well except the seat warmer, which they said they would get back to me when they have a part to fix it. They didn't contact me after 1.5 months so I phoned the service and they admitted that they didn't have an ETA on the part, or if they could even get the part at all. I sent in an escalation email to Support and they promised to check into it and resolve it, a month ago. I just phoned service today and they said that the seat would have to be made by hand at the factory and still no time table as to when it will be made or sent. He was very nice but said that seats can take as long as 6 months to replace so by the time I get, if I do, I won't need a heater anymore!
BTW, the service guys turned off my newly installed Blackview Dashcam and didn't bother to tell me or plug it back in. Because it was so new I didn't notice it unplugged for 6 weeks after, because it is hidden from the driver. BE AWARE that this can and will happen if you have one!

They have been making the heated ventilated seats for quite a while for P100D. Yes they did discontinue for a brief period but they made it available for the P100D only when they retroduced it. There’s no excuse they don’t have the seats.

For the dashcam yes they asked me to disconnect it myself. I guess every service center is different. I thought it’d be pretty obvious with the power cable hanging unplugged and no voice on start up.