Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seating selection for HUGE dog. What did you do?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings

I have an Akita that is growing up and will be 90-100lbs. With 5 seats I could lift her up and let her sit on the folded down 2nd row, or leave the seats up and use seat covers.

Or get the six seater, and move the 2nd row captain's seat forward and allow my pooch to stand up or lie down between the captain's chairs.

Any dog owner's want to chime in? Thanks!

We have a 65lb mix and a Model X 6 seater. She sits nicely right between the 2 middle row seats facing forward. she's a little over half the size of your dog though so I'm not sure how well that will work for you. I will say I dislike not being able to fold down the middle row.

Should be ok with 6 or 7 seat option, but would recommend NOT getting the center console, with the 3rd row down theres good room, 2nd row moved up, and theres lots of room, obviously i recommend a dog liner.
(They super easy to install) 2 mins id say

I have 2 dogs. Both around 60 pounds. I got the seven seater as I can fold down all the back rows in case its just me and the missus. If not, both of them still have space behind the second row with the third row down.

It might seem a little stupid to never use the third row in the seven seat config, but the rear AC controls come only with the 6/7 seater. on the 5-seater, the vents are purely decorative.

Greetings

I have an Akita that is growing up and will be 90-100lbs. With 5 seats I could lift her up and let her sit on the folded down 2nd row, or leave the seats up and use seat covers.

Or get the six seater, and move the 2nd row captain's seat forward and allow my pooch to stand up or lie down between the captain's chairs.

I get 2 - 70lb & 75lb dogs into the back of a 6 seater with the 3rd row down.

Greetings

Any dog owner's want to chime in? Thanks![/QUOTEave
Greetings

six seater, no center console. Our very large dog fits nicely on the floor between the two smaller humans in the second row.

It might seem a little stupid to never use the third row in the seven seat config, but the rear AC controls come only with the 6/7 seater. on the 5-seater, the vents are purely decorative.

That was also the main reason we got the 7-seater. We've never used the 3rd row, but I wanted the upgraded AC for the kids in the second row, plus you never know when the extra seats might be useful. I reckon it's likely to be fairly cost neutral on resale too.

I have an 85 lb Doberman and had a 6 seater and now a 5 seater. He spent the first 4 years of his life in the 6 seater, spending most of his time behind the front seats and sometime in-between the second row seats. He was never interested in the rear cabin away from people! He has been riding in the 5 seater a little over a month and I was not sure how he would handle very little standing room and if he could make the jump onto the folded 2nd row seat. I should never have worried. He jumps just fine and appears to enjoy the uncramped area more than he did the 6 seater!

Hmm. I don't think 90-100 pounds is a HUGE dog but maybe that's because my "little" girl is 85 and her big brothers are 115 and 120 pounds. ;) All three are Rhodesian Ridgebacks.

We'll probably be getting a 6 seater as it would allow at least one dog to be on the floor and the others could be on the folded third row seat. I actually had a reservation for the X several years ago but cancelled it when I saw the second row seats didn't fold. At the time, the 5 seater wasn't announced yet and we found the 7 row configuration to be too claustrophobic for passengers in the rear. Tthere's something about the 5 seat configuration that didn't click with us but we'll need to compare it to the 6 seater. We'll be testing an X later this month and will see if the 6 seater fits our needs.

My Akita won't jump. They don't do that much. I guess the question is are they happier on a 2nd row bench with a seat cover with the option of folding it down or climbing in with 2nd row captain's chairs moved forward. I guess we can put a bed between the captains chairs.