Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seeking advise on possible used Model 3 purchase.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
PA. I just found 2020 awd long range white with black interior on teslas site. It has 61k miles and is a thousand more than the one I was looking at. The diffence is that Tesla says it comes with enhanced autopilot and acceleration boost. I’m wondering if that is worth it over the other one from a 3rd party with less miles but doesn’t have those features
I would always buy from Tesla over 3rd Party since they give you another year of warranty coverage on their used cars. Gives you a chance to discover any issues and have them remedied in that year.

Pulled trigger on a 2021 model 3 rwd last night. It was $37k. 12k miles. Black on black. I also got a pleasant surprise before deciding to purchase it that is was ccs adapter enabled
I hesitate to ask, as I really don't want to take any of the joy away, congrats BTW (and its possible its a timing thing), but hoping to learn from others if they would comment...

Did you consider holding as the used market has time to digest the Not insignificant price cuts that just happened?

This should drive the used market down a proportional amount? Have already seen many SR+/RWD hitting that magic 25K mark to suit the markets thirst for IRA discount.

Even the Used LR and P, I assume will also have a noticeable step in pricing in the next months? Is there any data forecaster to estimate this?

People tracking this market, are there any good tools to track the used Tesla market carefully, and what Trim and condition a person can get into for a specific price and region? Not in a rush personally, just been interested in these, reading and learning, and it might be the right time to get in on a well prices clean low mileage used unit if one comes up!

Last edited:
I've been tracking this as well. Was looking at another EV as a second car sometime this year. Was strongly considering the new Bolt because of its strong value proposition since used EVs weren't a good value. Now I'll see what used Tesla's are going for in June and decide if it makes sense.

I hesitate to ask, as I really don't want to take any of the joy away, congrats BTW (and its possible its a timing thing), but hoping to learn from others if they would comment...

Did you consider holding as the used market has time to digest the Not insignificant price cuts that just happened?

This should drive the used market down a proportional amount? Have already seen many SR+/RWD hitting that magic 25K mark to suit the markets thirst for IRA discount.

Even the Used LR and P, I assume will also have a noticeable step in pricing in the next months? Is there any data forecaster to estimate this?

People tracking this market, are there any good tools to track the used Tesla market carefully, and what Trim and condition a person can get into for a specific price and region? Not in a rush personally, just been interested in these, reading and learning, and it might be the right time to get in on a well prices clean low mileage used unit if one comes up!
Didn’t know about the price cuts until later that night.

Reactions: rotarypower101
Hello,

New to the forum here. I have been on the lookout for a used Tesla to get for a few months now but that market has been so overpriced, my budget is mid 30s. I've noticed recently noticed the market has gone down quite a bit.

My goal was a 2021 Model 3 RWD because that was the last big refresh but recently I think I found a possible steal. Found a 2020 Model 3 Long Range AND dual motors, mileage is 29k. Carfax shows one owner and that it was a lease, clean history. It's being priced for 36k right now. This looks like it's quite below average market value from what I've seen. This is also at a highly reputable 3rd party dealership (based on online reviews) if I may add. It also has autopilot which is the basic package from what U understand.

I'd appreciate any advise and if I should wait or pursue this. I have not physically gone to look at the car yet, it's quite a drive.

I would always buy from Tesla over 3rd Party since they give you another year of warranty coverage on their used cars. Gives you a chance to discover any issues and have them remedied in that year.
At that price, not as great a deal as you think. A new model3 performance with no miles and longer warranty is around 48k after federal tax credit. Something to consider. The 2020 has slower processor and still using lead acid 12 volt. Check out other differences as well.

At that price, not as great a deal as you think. A new model3 performance with no miles and longer warranty is around 48k after federal tax credit. Something to consider. The 2020 has slower processor and still using lead acid 12 volt. Check out other differences as well.
I didn’t get the 2020. I decided I wanted a 2021 with the major refresh and got one. You can scroll up a lil and see the details