Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seeking input from Midwest and Northeast M3 19’ AWD Winter Drivers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Planning to take delivery in December 2020. Curious whether the all season tires that come with the 19 inch wheels are adequate for winter driving in the Midwest and Northeast? Should I plan to purchase a separate set of winter tires and wheels to swap with the seasons? Thoughts?

Wisconsin driver here. I have an M3P so I put 19" with recommended Pirelli winter tires (and they were fabulous). I have a friend with an AWD M3 and he runs all seasons and said they worked for him for winter driving. They were basically new last fall, so not sure how they will hold up the second or third winter assuming they last that long.

Reactions: GSBJackson
Got my 3 (P-) in Dec last year. Purchased the 18” winter tire set from Tesla and they delivered the car with them mounted. Good, because I had a 260 mile drive home through the snow. They work well, and I live in a very rural area of northern Wisconsin with limited snow plowing. If you only get a little snow, and its cleared fast, the new original tires should suffice, but if winter is serious, get the snows...

• Informative
Reactions: GSBJackson and mrau