Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seeking Roadster Enlightment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Forum Members!

Steve the volunteer here from the National Automobile Museum in Reno where we have a bricked Roadster on dollys. In another thread, I posted a technique I found for bringing the electronics back to life, but we have yet to give it a try. Really want to unlock that parking brake and get into tow mode and would prefer not to fuss with driveshaft removal.

We know little about the (donated) car but here’s the VIN and we would appreciate any information:

SFZRE11B881F00010

Thanks in advance!

You have an incredibly special car. Your car was the 10th production car every made, pre-dating the Signature (100 made), as its a Founders (only 27 made). Do you know how long the car has been "bricked" for?

Please explore some of the early posts, starting with this post from TEG. Roadster History North America

As your car is so early, many of the VIN decoders won't even recognize it, but the F before the 00010 is what I noticed right away. Your car was likely built as a 1.0 with a two speed transmission, but either before or shortly after being delivered to its original owner, was upgraded to a single fixed speed transmission as the two speed transmission would fail quickly.

Reactions: Gabner
Upvote 0
These guys specialize in the Tesla roadster and are closest to you.

Upvote 0