Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seeking Spokane area owner's experience/information

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings!
I am considering purchase of a Model 3 and was hoping to gather some information about Tesla support in the Spokane area. I would appreciate information about about the following:

1) Local delivery - is it available and is there a service fee associated with it?
2) Local service (Ranger program?) - has anyone used it and, if so, how was the experience?
3) Local body shops - are there any Certified body shops in the area or would the vehicle need to be shipped somewhere else?

Thank you for your time!

After 94,000 miles on my Model S I finally had reason to call Tesla Service because I needed a replacement wheel. They put me in touch with Hector the Spokane Ranger......great guy! Got me fixed up right away. I think he can do most repairs but have no direct experience needing them.

John

• Love
Reactions: MikeBur
The Spokane area is handled about the same as the Boise Idaho area I've heard. We don't have any service center here, but they have enough business in the area that we got a permanent service ranger who lives in Boise now. And in talking with him, he said there is about the same kind of situation with a service ranger up there in Spokane.

With our Boise service ranger, they can handle everything that the car needs--including the complete 2 year and 4 year kinds of services. If it's not something he can do on site at someone's house or work, like if it needs to be up on a lift, he has an agreement with a local auto shop where he can rent shop time to use their indoor garage and lift equipment. He even has a Tesla loaner, so he can switch you cars for the day if he needs to take it to that shop. That is how I had my 4 year service done last year.

So I think it would be mostly similar with the ranger in Spokane.

Hi @MichaelK,

A fellow Spokanite! Awesome to see.

1) My car was delivered 9/22/18 a stone's throw from my house just north of Wandermere. It was actually on the same semi with @Piney999! No fee associated with it whatsoever.
2) I've used the ranger service twice. My car unfortunately had severe condensation in the left tail light. I got a hold of Hector and he ordered the part, and once it came in, he came to my work and installed it. The other time, I had him drive my car to see if he agreed with me about the steering wheel being off center. He said it was within spec, but was able to refer me anyways to a place to have it aligned at no charge. It was in fact in need of an alignment.
3) Thankfully I haven't had to do this yet. So I wouldn't be able to give you a good answer here.

• Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
Welcome to the team!

1) Local Delivery is great, its free, and it saves you money on tax, so there is no reason not to do it!
2) Hector our local Ranger is fantastic. I have used him multiple times for various items, and every time his excellence stuns me.
3) Spokane does have one approved body shop, "Custom Body Shop", on Monroe Street. in spokane. They do great work, and have a destination charger in house. Great folks.

Im on my second Tesla, so if you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask!!

• Informative
Wow. This actually sounds like way better service than people who have to deal with the main SCs are getting.
Exactly. I was just saying to another person here this same thing--that I vastly prefer this ranger service we've got than having to deal with a real service center. The tech comes to my workplace and texts me when he's there. I go out to give him the key fob, and he leaves it when he's done. It's no time out of my day or travel.

• Informative
Exactly. I was just saying to another person here this same thing--that I vastly prefer this ranger service we've got than having to deal with a real service center. The tech comes to my workplace and texts me when he's there. I go out to give him the key fob, and he leaves it when he's done. It's no time out of my day or travel.
Especially with the onslaught of Model 3s. The service centers have been brutal to deal with lately.

I don't want to hijack a thread so please forgive my quick question. I work with a company that does in vehicle mounting solutions, phone mounts in cars. I am looking for a Model 3 owner in the Spokane area that would allow me some time in their vehicle to measure for designing some phone mounts for the Model 3. No damage would be done to the vehicle. I have been doing this type of work for many years with many other vehicles and many of the local auto dealerships know me by name. If anyone knows of a Model 3 owner in the Spokane area interested in helping with designing a phone mount for the Model 3, please let me know.

I don't want to hijack a thread so please forgive my quick question. I work with a company that does in vehicle mounting solutions, phone mounts in cars. I am looking for a Model 3 owner in the Spokane area that would allow me some time in their vehicle to measure for designing some phone mounts for the Model 3. No damage would be done to the vehicle. I have been doing this type of work for many years with many other vehicles and many of the local auto dealerships know me by name. If anyone knows of a Model 3 owner in the Spokane area interested in helping with designing a phone mount for the Model 3, please let me know.

Assuming you're a GB fan, I'll allow it :)