TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Self closing charge port door

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by Mille Pun, Nov 18, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Mille Pun

Mille Pun Member

I just learnt that all dual motor car in the US equipped with self closing charge door (auto close in a couple of seconds after remove the charger), but it seems not happening on my 70D. Anyone got the same?

2. jsiu

jsiu Member

Mine does not have self-close function.

3. markwj

markwj Moderator, Asia Pacific

Auto-close is only available with the US-style charging port.

The European-style charging port we use in HK does not have that capability.

4. Dan_

Dan_ Member

As far as I was told, HK is not getting the auto-close charger port because of the larger connector we use.

5. Mikischu

Mikischu Member

I always think that the port should open in the other direction. That way there's a small chance the air resistance when we drive, will close the port for us.

6. Mille Pun

Mille Pun Member

Oh, I am surprised to learn that the charge connector are different regionally(even for the supercharger)