TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Self-healing paint protection?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by ev-now, Jan 19, 2017.

1. ev-now

ev-now Member

Does anybody have experience of Feynlab's self-healing paint protection (feynlab.com)?

I am not interested in self-healing in general, as their method is different from the UV ones used by Nissan for example - it's their specific product I am interested in.

Any input appreciated.

2. Jimmy 1

Jimmy 1 Member

I love it, had it on my car for over a year now. It works!

3. ev-now

ev-now Member

Thanks - got mine back with it on today ... looking forward to seeing how well it works out!

• Like x 1
  4. Jimmy 1

Jimmy 1 Member

Heal Plus, but you should be able to find it for less. I paid $1800 with paint correction.

5. Dakkor

Dakkor Member

I have a full Xpel on mine. I guess i can't say if it's working since.. it's self healing so you don't see it? I can say that if you received a 2x4 on the highway it won't work.... :(

6. Pinot.Noir

Pinot.Noir Member

I have the Xpel on my car and it was a life saver when I hit a peacock a few weeks back. My installer just replaced the hood section due to a small rip but no damage to the car whatsoever.

7. EV-lutioin

EV-lutioin Active Member

Just curious, how is Feynlab different from other liquid coatings such as C-Quartz? Is Feynlab in addition to or instead of wraps?

8. Jimmy 1

Jimmy 1 Member

C-Quartz and other ceramic coatings are SUPER HARD coatings to resist scratches, Feynlab is softer and has self healing. Heat repolymerizes the coating to heal the scratch. Both work, just in different ways. But is you do get a scratch in a ceramic coating, you have to machine correct the surface back to the clearcoat and reapply. Feynlab does not require this.