Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Self-healing paint protection?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great to hear the feedback on Feynlab. Just a few points of clarification for the group.
Ppf and vinyl coating is the recommended coating for clear bras and vinyl work. This is due to the structure of that coating to ensure your clear bra self healing remains in tack. The other ceramic coatings aside from ceramic lite have a higher solids content and stronger solvent that could affect the ppf performance. In Canada ppf is pro only as we don’t want a consumer messing up a ppf job trying to coat it.

The heal coatings can not go on ppf. They aren’t compatible with raw plastic.

The big difference in heal lite and heal plus is coating thickness. Both have great self healing abilities, plus has more and can take a slightly deeper scratch and heal. The coating thickness on plus is about 5 times thicker than lite. This will give you incredible gloss due to the coating thickness and longer durability.

Why don’t they give the products to everyone. 2 reasons. The first is quality control. Prepping and polishing the car properly is essential to give your car the better than factory shine. Tesla’s are far from perfect from the factory, sanding marks, swirls, Scratches and other fun stuff is on many of the Tesla’s that leave the plant. So that’s why the better stuff is reserved for professionals.
The second is the support of an industry. You could roof your house, but most don’t as it costly to make an error in not doing it right. Don’t prep the seams and everything else right and your roof leaks and you’ll be up there ripping shingles up. Plus falling off a roof is never fun. Feynlab supports full time professional detailers that put food on the table and help support the economy.

Lastly ppf and ceramic coatings are not mutually exclusive. Each one adds is own benefits to the car. Ppf for rock chips and road abrasion. Ceramic coatings for protection from the elements, ease of cleaning and extra shine. Ppf coatings help with stain resistance and UV degradation and hydrophobic abilities.

I just had the fenland heal-lite self healing coating applied to my S. Literally just picked the car up yesterday. Looks great and so far so good. I know there was a lot of work that went into the paint correction prior to applying the coating. I believe this is where you want to make sure you have a professional do the job right. I’ll provide an update and some pics when I get a chance.