Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Self presenting door calibration

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received our 2017 P100D and something that is different compared to the 2016 we rented is the driver self presenting door.

In the 2016 if approaching from the front (with the key in your pocket) the driver door would pop open until you passed the door then open halfway to let you get in. When you pressed the brake pedal the door would close all the way.

Our 2017 if approaching from the front doesn't do anything until your halfway past the driver door and then it opens about 8" (not enough to actually get into the car) so I open the door more (to the halfway detent) then press the brake pedal and it will close the door halfway. I then let go of the brake and then press the brake pedal again and it will then close all the way.
Is there a calibration/setting for the driver door opening/closing? I didn't see anything in the settings on the touch screen.

Second test, when opening the door with the key fob (double pressing the roof) the door opens to the same 8" open position. If I double press the roof again the passenger door FULLY opens.

Thanks for any ideas/help.

There may be visible breakage when the door is open, as compared to the passenger side. Specifically, there is an arm that may have come loose. There is at least one other post in this forum where someone has had that happend, but I haven't had it happen, so I don't know if it would cause this. Regardless, while it would be nice if there was more information readily available for working on our own vehicles, this sounds like an issue that currently most likely needs to be addressed by service.