Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sell 2018 model x for a 2019 s?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my wife a new 2018 model x 7 seat 100D. She loves it but she drives a lot and she has basically stopped taking it on road trips (>200 miles each way). So she is likely gonna just buy a Acura MDX for her daily driver. Which leaves us with a Tesla x. I am pretty happy to take it over- but I’m a sedan guy. Plus since we have a Tesla I think (hopefully) we can get free ludicrous. So I’m thinking of selling the X for 80k (first offer- I’ll look around more) and get a p100d 2019 (raven) for around 95. The depreciation kills me- but it is what it is. Anyone gone from an X to an S? Thoughts?

Went other way around S to X ..they are both great cars ..but if i were to switch back to sedan from X .. Honestly would go to M3 as the tech is better :)
The tech on the M3 is better than on the Raven S? In what way specifically? I'm curious as I just assumed the latest S (Raven) had exactly the same tech in terms of AP/FSD, drive motors etc. Unless you're referring to some other tech

The tech on the M3 is better than on the Raven S? In what way specifically? I'm curious as I just assumed the latest S (Raven) had exactly the same tech in terms of AP/FSD, drive motors etc. Unless you're referring to some other tech

Specifically the battery in M3 ...the M3 can take advantage of full V3 charging up to 250kwh vs the raven can only going to 200..I know not much difference ..but the 3 also is easier to maneuver than S ..don’t get me wrong the S is by far the nicest looking Tesla but when I switched I wanted a XUV ..just my personal preference If switching back to sedan the M3 seems to be the better bargain etc

Reactions: SilverGS
Specifically the battery in M3 ...the M3 can take advantage of full V3 charging up to 250kwh vs the raven can only going to 200..I know not much difference ..but the 3 also is easier to maneuver than S ..don’t get me wrong the S is by far the nicest looking Tesla but when I switched I wanted a XUV ..just my personal preference If switching back to sedan the M3 seems to be the better bargain etc
Yes, I forgot about that - the battery tech is newer! Definitely easier to maneuver as its small.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA