Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sell my 2016 Model S or not....

Chopr147

Apr 3, 2016
Wantagh, NY
I have recently been going back/forth in my mind about selling my model S which I have had for 5 years + now. I do NOT want a 3 or Y or spend over 100K on another S. I LOVE the car, a 75D but maybe i've had my fun with it. It's past it's warranty and 3 years left on the battery is a selling point. The times of never waiting to Supercharge is coming to an end. I'm thinking one more Winter of cold feet (never could fix that issue) will convince me. I want a good pickup truck to replace it , not a Ford Lightning. The best advantage by far for Tesla is Superchargers. I don't want an EV that I can't go long trips with so, any other EV is not an option for me. It's back to good 'ol petrol. Anyone one out there want a well-cared for "uncorked" 2016 Model S? :) Only 72k miles. I have had very few issues in my 5 years of Tesla ownership and give Syosset NY service center a "thumbs up" They have been good to me. Good for Tesla. I have been seeing so many 3's and Y's on the road here on Long Island.
Do I really want to be filling up each week again?

hill

high fiber member
Apr 21, 2015
either MT or TN
avatar doesn't show front of your car (same color we had on our 2016 S75 ... which we bought as a 60, then upgraded to avoid sales tax ;) ) Reason i mention the front (side) of your car is because there was an upgrade that year. Your price will depend on whether you have AP1 or AP2 - as the AP2 came later in the year. Can't see from your picture if the sides have cameras which indicate AP2. That would determine whether or not you'd sell for more or less.
happy decision making!

Kandiru

Oct 20, 2014
USA
Right now we are dealing with inflation out of control, just look at real estate and building materials lately. This is not a longterm stable market. Now would be a bad time to sell buy a new car IMHO.

Besides the EV explosion is just around the corner, imagine the wonderful options when competition heats up for good. My smarter than me neighbor quickly lapped up a 69k MS Long Range in late 2020 when Elon showed off to Lucid, imagine the pricing when all makers will have EVs and every surviving gas station will feature EV charging.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC