Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

sell my 2019 m3.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How much was the sales tax and registration fees on the car?
That entire amount will be a loss on top of the depreciation. Is it really worth it?
A Model 3 Performance costs is $67k. (Silver Metallic, Black interior, and with FSD)
In California sales tax are 9.5%, so taxes are $6,365, with delivery $1,200 total lost is already $7.565
There is a $3,750 tax income rebate so the lost would be then $3,815 (but I think you need to keep the car for a year)
I estimate the devaluation of the car to be 10%, lost would be $6,700.

So final lost for a one month old car would be: $10,515
= ($3,815 + $6,700)

My recommendation would be to buy a new set of 18" compatible with the Model 3 Performance, such as

You could even sale your brand new 20" wheels and tires with TPMS for about $2,000 (?).

And keep your M3P until the Model Y get available (may be also with Adaptive Suspension like in the new Model S ?).

Well , definitely did not intend to go this way! Wanted to buy a reliable Ev. But I am unable to adjust to the rough drive. Way more bouncy than my prev ev. It’s making my ride uncomfortable.. finding it difficult to deal with every day. I do not want to get shady transactions.. how much money would I loose :( should I rather sell after 6 months may be ?
Why not have the springs and shocks replaced to an aftermarket set more to your liking? MountainpassPerformance has a 10% sale going on, and buying a set of their comfort coilovers and having them installed has to be less expensive than the hit you'll take on depreciation by selling.
MPP Model 3 Comfort Coilovers RWD

Why not have the springs and shocks replaced to an aftermarket set more to your liking? MountainpassPerformance has a 10% sale going on, and buying a set of their comfort coilovers and having them installed has to be less expensive than the hit you'll take on depreciation by selling.
MPP Model 3 Comfort Coilovers RWD
Thank you for the suggestions. I will look in to these options as well.

0. See what Carmax will give you

1. See if any friends or work colleagues are interested in it.

2. VROOM has good reports

3. Trade it in on a Toyota RAV4/Camry/Avalon Hybrid.
-Obviously dont get the "sporty" Toyota model.

4. Remember to claim your fed tax credit when doing taxes (if relevant)

Also, since you live in California, a local buyer within California can get the $2500 state credit on NEW one. So you may not be able to sell for a good price.

One can buy brand new, Tesla Model 3 SR at $35,400 with no options by June 30, 2019 and get the following Tax Breaks with your area:
$3750 Fed
$2500 Cal
$800 PG&E

About $28,350 without sales tax.

Also, if you take avantage the state rebate, your are limited in selling your car for about 18 months.

• Helpful
Reactions: Dana1