Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

sell my 2019 m3.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can kind of see where he's coming from. The Leaf pretty much rides like a Caddy and getting in and out is EASY (I owned one.) The M3 is much more like my Prelude/G35 Coupe in as far as that goes. I'm not mobility limited (yet), but older people would probably better off with the Y. I'm assuming it will be higher of course.

Last edited:
I can kind of see where he's coming from. The Leaf pretty much rides like a Caddy and getting in and out is EASY (I owned one.) The M3 is much more like my Prelude/G35 Coupe in as far as that goes. I'm not mobility limited (yet), but older people would probably better off with the Y. I'm assuming it will be higher of course.

my parents liked rear better on 3 to S, but Tesla should have offered3 smart air susp as an upgrade.

is there a way to make 3 higher with custom wheels/tires?

There is not much SR+ data in the auctions yet but according to the Manheim the 2018 Model 3 MR and LR with miles in the teens are going for about $42-43k, which is pretty strong. If you check KBB on 2018s you are probably in the $38k range. Go to Carmax and see what they will give you for it.

It’s one of the reasons we ordered a 2020 Leaf SL Eplus. Easier egress and entry and a softer ride. Along with a bunch of features not available on the three that are standard on the SL Eplus.

I think a model Y along with an Eplus SL will be a nice vehicle combo for us. Looking forward to seeing that model Y in real life. Kinda warming up to the shape and it looks like it sits quite a bit higher than the model 3. Still prefer the looks of the Model 3 over all of them....except the model S of course. :)

I have to seriously disagree with the idea that lower pressures will increase the possibility of flats. The chart I posted a few page back shows 29 psi required as per TRA industry standard to support the weight of the car. 45 is extremely high for the weight of the car, and 40 isn’t a whole lot better. At 35 PSI mine show barely any sidewall flex, and the ride and handling is noticeably improved.

The SR only weighs 3600 pounds, which is about 1000 pounds lighter than the minivan I traded for it. Which had the the same width tires, and only required 35 PSI of pressure.

• Informative
Reactions: RBowen
Don’t know for sure, but I think a narrow sidewall tire like on the model 3 requires more air pressure to keep it’s seal to the rim than a tire with a taller sidewall like on a minivan.

If that were the case, the TRA industry standard would require higher pressure for that exact tire size and narrow sidewall.

The 2013-present Lexus GS uses the same tire size and weighs 3,700-4,000 lbs, which is comparable to the model three. Lexus recommends 33 PSI on the door sticker.