Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

sell my 2019 m3.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well , definitely did not intend to go this way! Wanted to buy a reliable Ev. But I am unable to adjust to the rough drive. Way more bouncy than my prev ev. It’s making my ride uncomfortable.. finding it difficult to deal with every day. I do not want to get shady transactions.. how much money would I loose :( should I rather sell after 6 months may be ?
You’re likely to lose a fair bit for first couple of years. One, tax rebate, and two, why would I pay you new car price when I can pay that to Tesla? Most buyers will want a discount for taking risk of buying preowned car. A CarMax needs to pay you less than what they can sell for. Maybe change tires for more comfortable ride. 18” rims.

0. See what Carmax will give you

1. See if any friends or work colleagues are interested in it.

2. VROOM has good reports

3. Trade it in on a Toyota RAV4/Camry/Avalon Hybrid.
-Obviously dont get the "sporty" Toyota model.

4. Remember to claim your fed tax credit when doing taxes (if relevant)
Thank you for the suggestions. I will see what carmax gives me. Any thoughts on how much more it would depreciate after 1/2/3 years ? I doubt if this can be my car for too long. But may be with some suspension fixes I can pull on for some time.

You’re likely to lose a fair bit for first couple of years. One, tax rebate, and two, why would I pay you new car price when I can pay that to Tesla? Most buyers will want a discount for taking risk of buying preowned car. A CarMax needs to pay you less than what they can sell for. Maybe change tires for more comfortable ride. 18” rims.
-- Yes, I agree with the thoughts.. Appreciate all the suggestions and advice on this forum!

Bad. Local roads and main highways like 101. I think the tire pressure is a good start.

Another thing to keep in mind is warranty on the car and any rebates being affected by a private sale. Have to take a hit to compensate for that on any new car, plus the drive off the lot depreciation.

I think OP should continue driving for a while and sorry he’s not enjoying the ride in it. I was very happy with the ride of my Avalon before getting rid of it. Needed new tires however and they didn’t make the same ones anymore so my husband bought another recommended brand. I could immediately tell the ride had changed, for the worse in this case, feeling much more of the road with the new tires. So tire and pressure can make a lot of difference.

OP you didn’t say which car you bought and with what wheels. Big difference between 18, 19 and 20 inch as well.
As an example... I hated my seats, and had to figure out a way to get into my car...bad hip. I now love my seats and have no difficulty getting in and out of my car. Give it a little more time.

As an example... I hated my seats, and had to figure out a way to get into my car...bad hip. I now love my seats and have no difficulty getting in and out of my car. Give it a little more time.
Yes, I also struggle getting in and out. The height bothered me in the beginning. But have lowered the seat all the way. So it doesnt bother me any more.

Well , definitely did not intend to go this way! Wanted to buy a reliable Ev. But I am unable to adjust to the rough drive. Way more bouncy than my prev ev. It’s making my ride uncomfortable.. finding it difficult to deal with every day. I do not want to get shady transactions.. how much money would I loose :( should I rather sell after 6 months may be ?
Translation: I used to drive some tin can POS with a wallowy suspension and don't understand cars or how they work and didn't test drive. Did I get that correct?
I'm sorry to be mean to you, but seriously - what was your last car that you consider the M3 harsh? How did you buy it without knowing what you were getting into or the characteristics of the car? It rides better than a BMW 3 series and is about as good as the A4 in harshness. Please be a better educated consumer.

Last edited:
I'm in a similar situation with my SR+... love everything else about the car, but the noise and ride quality are barely acceptable... reduced the tire pressure to 35, so it's somewhat better now. This really depends on tarmac quality and average speed, so not really noticeable in traffic or on smoother roads. Also, cranking up the stereo helps, to a degree. I considered selling it, but I just cannot think of an affordable alternative - I love the acceleration and autopilot. Will probably wait until I can test drive a Model Y to see if it's any better.

I'm sorry..something fishy about this post. Who buys an expensive car and doesn't do their homework. It rides bad, too low to get into...on and on. This post stinks to high heaven.

During my test drive, I did not really notice how loud or harsh it was - perhaps the roads were smoother on the test drive route, or the tires were quieter (the test car had 19" wheels while mine has 18", so I would expect the 18" to be quieter, but apparently that's not the case, at least not with my car). I was thinking that it would get better with time (tires and suspension "breaking-in"), at least that was my impression with my previous car (BMW 5er)... but it does not seem to be the case.

I'm in a similar situation with my SR+... love everything else about the car, but the noise and ride quality are barely acceptable... reduced the tire pressure to 35, so it's somewhat better now. This really depends on tarmac quality and average speed, so not really noticeable in traffic or on smoother roads. Also, cranking up the stereo helps, to a degree. I considered selling it, but I just cannot think of an affordable alternative - I love the acceleration and autopilot. Will probably wait until I can test drive a Model Y to see if it's any better.

Agreed that more home work needed to be done in my case, somethings you cant obviously see in a 15 min test drive. Also the roads we went over during test drive were quiet even and we did not go on the highway either. I should have better utilized my 1 week time.

Why not have the springs and shocks replaced to an aftermarket set more to your liking? MountainpassPerformance has a 10% sale going on, and buying a set of their comfort coilovers and having them installed has to be less expensive than the hit you'll take on depreciation by selling.
MPP Model 3 Comfort Coilovers RWD
I don't think there are many suspension changes that don't involve lowering the car to work properly?

I think the issue is that the Model 3 attracts many people who are not looking for a sports sedan. Tesla should really consider making multiple suspension tune options like BMW does.
Maybe OP should find a local with MPP Comfort Coilovers and convince them to give him a ride over some rough roads.

I think the issue is that the Model 3 attracts many people who are not looking for a sports sedan. Tesla should really consider making multiple suspension tune options like BMW does.
Maybe OP should find a local with MPP Comfort Coilovers and convince them to give him a ride over some rough roads.
I thought the idea in those was to lower the 3 without losing comfort. I'm still looking for a shock that will improve comfort without lowering.