Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Selling Advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good morning all!

Contemplating the sale of a 2008 Roadster, due to insufficient opportunity to use it.

4k miles, in 'Insane Green'.

Based in California.

Any advice on the best place to start would be much appreciated! Thanks

The best place to sell appears to either be eBay motors or Cars.com. Rock bottom price for an '08 w/o hard top seems to be $60k with the average around $70-$80k. If you have the hard top and you're lucky, you might hit $90k. TEG might provide some better and more accurate info though.

Do not post a "buy-it-now price" unless you expect someone to jump at it. Buy-it-now prices can discourage bidding unless they sound like a bargain. Wait until someone asks before you quote one. You might want to ask an interested person what they would suggest, the price they suggest might surprise you.

Just post it on ebay with a starting price of $0.99 and no reserve. It will generate so much enthusiasm that there may even be some stories on it and it will get more exposure then ever before. It will most likely end up selling higher than average.

Thanks all for replies / PMs - all v helpful.

Pics to follow in New Year [car is owned by my CEO who's looking for a change].

I believe this is the car Tesla used at press launch when they signed with Mercedes, and was the first Tesla to have a carbon fiber roof. Also has after market carbon fiber sills and top end hi-fi, GPS, etc. Signature 100. Not cheap when new - somewhere between $150 and $175k!!

I am guessing we are talking about SIG100 #100:
tesla-roadster-49503-9529.jpg