Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Selling on Vroom, Carvana or Driveway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I sold my Kia Niro EX Premium PHEV to Carvana on 9/6/22. Highest offer, Vroom second, 5 others were far less. Very impressed with Carvana. It took 15 minutes and they handed me a check on the spot.
It’s all hit and miss. I got an offer for $71,845 a month ago from carbuyerusa and close to it from others like vroom and Carvana. Now getting nothing higher than $58,000. Next week could be high again. It’s all algorithm based. Supply and demand. I’d consider selling for the right price. Which I should have taken at $72,845. But I am happy to hold onto it too.

Reactions: PNWLeccy
Sold our Ford Cmax to Carvana in March in anticipation of the MYLR which kept getting delayed. Finally got it last week.
I also figured used car prices would start to drop. It was fast and easy. When they came I signed a couple of things and they transferred the money to me instantly.

Sold 2 cars to Carvana, best and easiest transaction I ever had.
Though last car we traded to conventional dealer that offered $2k more than Carvana plus helped save on taxes for trade in.
But I paid for this listening to finance department for 4 hours on a new car.

I’m gonna go with GivemetheVIN.com. They’ve been very responsive and have promised a quick transaction.

I have posted about it here before, but I had a FANTASTIC experience with givemethevin, selling my wifes 2019 BMW X3. Super easy, everything happened the way we discussed including when I dropped off the vehicle and they gave me a live check I deposited in the bank before I even got back home.

Im not affiliated with them or anything (far from it) and this isnt some sort of TMC endorsement, (im a volunteer mod), but I would ABSOLUTELY use givemethevin again.

Reactions: GeoG
I have posted about it here before, but I had a FANTASTIC experience with givemethevin, selling my wifes 2019 BMW X3. Super easy, everything happened the way we discussed including when I dropped off the vehicle and they gave me a live check I deposited in the bank before I even got back home.

Im not affiliated with them or anything (far from it) and this isnt some sort of TMC endorsement, (im a volunteer mod), but I would ABSOLUTELY use givemethevin again.
That’s the exact kind of experience I had with them as well.

Here are the offers I got from four places for my black 2019 Model 3 SR+, 30K miles

Tesla: $21,700 trade-in (would have also saved $1,600 in sales tax)
CarMax: $21,000
Driveway.com: $16,600
CarbuyerUSA: $27,800

Sold to the CarbuyerUSA and found the process easy. Getting Model Y later this week.

• Informative
Reactions: zpaul and SO16