Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Selling Tesla Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hold your breath. That will be it
I know it is tempting but don't feed the trolls. Good for you - happy to hear these entries are real. Laissez-Faire economics should always rule the day but either ignorance of the world, political delusion or jealousy too often interferes. Wonder if any of the complainers overpaid for TP, N95 or hair dye recently. GLWS

I just want to point out that the seller is brand new to these forums. The only way to have a referral code is to have a Tesla car already, but yet he didn't join the forum for all the years he owned cars, only when he wanted to sell one. I am not going to say he isn't legit, I don't have that insight, but I would say that you should definitely do deep due diligence here before sending any deposits or anything else his way.

If I were interested though I would start out by googling the vin of this car along with using google to see where else those images appear. This wouldn't qualify as true due diligence, but it does quickly uncover many scams. I just googled the VIN and it had no results. Again, that just means that it might not be for sale at a dealer.

Last edited:
I just want to point out that the seller is brand new to these forums. The only way to have a referral code is to have a Tesla car already, but yet he didn't join the forum for all the years he owned cars, only when he wanted to sell one. I am not going to say he isn't legit, I don't have that insight, but I would say that you should definitely do deep due diligence here before sending any deposits or anything else his way.

If I were interested though I would start out by googling the vin of this car along with using google to see where else those images appear. This wouldn't qualify as true due diligence, but it does quickly uncover many scams. I just googled the VIN and it had no results. Again, that just means that it might not be for sale at a dealer.
First of all yes I am new to the forum but this is my 4th Tesla I have owned now. I have owned two model S’s p85d and p90d and currently have a model x p100d and now a model y. So you can say whatever you want with your comments but I am legit and am a loyal Tesla owner that believes in Tesla and loves them. Just because I haven’t joined the forum before doesn’t mean I am not legit. It means I am busy with a family and lacked the time. Not like you obviously that doesn’t have a life and you must be the most honest trust worthy person because you have been a member for years. So yes anyone interested in my model y I am selling can get any info they want from me about it and like I have said over and over again. If you don’t want it no worries. I am Not pushing it on anyone. My circumstances have changed and I am selling it.

I understand I just don’t appreciate being called out when you know nothing about me. Just like I know nothing about you and again because I am new to the forum doesn’t mean I am scamming someone. I understand everyone should be cautious this day and age but they need to do the research on anything you buy now a day’s. But at the sane time you can’t just assume everyone new to the forum is a scam artist.

When I see this sort of sales ads, I like to believe in karma and hope the seller will get what he/she deserves down the line.

Instead of opting to make a good deal for someone with something he won and doesn't need, he chose to gouge the price to make the absolute maximum profit he can at the expense of someones desire of getting something which may be harder to get fast otherwise (which anyway is not true here, Ys are available at Tesla).

When I see this sort of sales ads, I like to believe in karma and hope the seller will get what he/she deserves down the line.

Instead of opting to make a good deal for someone with something he won and doesn't need, he chose to gouge the price to make the absolute maximum profit he can at the expense of someones desire of getting something which may be harder to get fast otherwise (which anyway is not true here, Ys are available at Tesla).

lol. Really? What does the seller "deserve” down the line? People do this with everything that is in limited supply. iPhones at new release, video games, cabbage patch kids, concert tickets, hand sanitizer, foul balls, sneakers, toilet paper, and now a Model Y. Do you expect someone to sell at a loss, below it’s current market value?

Get over it.

I see it differently, It’s something I won for free, it’s free money, 60k I didn’t have yesterday. I myself would off load it right away by selling it at cost.

The OP has the right to sell at whatever price he sets but at 73k it will take a little longer and by then the market will be flooded with model Y’s

I hope you do get what you are asking for, like someone mentioned, Try posting on EBay motors

Fred

Reactions: gfalbert and house9

Unbelieveable!

He needs to find somewhere to exist where he always gets the best deal because he deserves it and wants it cheap. He's special.you know.

I see it differently, It’s something I won for free, it’s free money, 60k I didn’t have yesterday. I myself would off load it right away by selling it at cost.

The OP has the right to sell at whatever price he sets but at 73k it will take a little longer and by then the market will be flooded with model Y’s

I hope you do get what you are asking for, like someone mentioned, Try posting on EBay motors

Fred
Will do thank you

I understand I just don’t appreciate being called out when you know nothing about me. Just like I know nothing about you and again because I am new to the forum doesn’t mean I am scamming someone. I understand everyone should be cautious this day and age but they need to do the research on anything you buy now a day’s. But at the sane time you can’t just assume everyone new to the forum is a scam artist.
There is one key difference between us, if you want to know about me, you can go read my posts in various topics around this forum. Over the last couple of years I have tried to contribute where I can. I would be unlikely to spend all that time to build up an account, just to then try to scam someone. I can't see that back history for you here, your investment in time to build up your account is low, and as such you are an above average risk. I have invested time, and I wouldn't want to throw that away.

To your point, I know nothing about you, but if you wanted to spend five minutes you could know quite a bit about me.

I’m actually surprised this site lets a newbie post in the for sale section. Most sites you have to be an established member. For the very reasons @Target pointed out.

If OP wants to gouge he’s better off doing it on eBay or Craigslist so he can take better advantage of the less informed. That way he can really stick it to someone good without other members getting on his case.