Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My taxes have always been very simple. We don't own a business. It's just W2 from work, and gains/losses from Fidelity on 1099 (and some real estate K1 investments).

The CPA would have to submit different gains/losses and wash sales than what Fidelity submits to the IRS. I could see that triggering an audit....

What is rubbing me raw is that I used Fidelity YTD (year to date) gains/losses back in December to make sure I was negative. How were they off by $1 Million in Gaines?!?
Good Points, not sure. Maybe THE primary question to ask CPA candidates is your 2nd paragraph, also of potential concern is the tax year after an outlier year if things get back to “normal”.

Reactions: BornToFly
The keynotes starting at 4pm ET. Won't we see any reactions +- on Thursday morning?

The shares trade until 8 PM EST. It’s the option market that closes at 4 PM EST and doesn’t reopen till the following day @ 9:30 AM. So can be risky to hold options overnight unless you choose the strikes properly/conservatively.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
The keynotes starting at 4pm ET. Won't we see any reactions +- on Thursday morning?
It depends on how close to the money you want to be. If you want to maximize your profit then waiting to see the reaction may help. For me I just sell whatever I feel have a good risk : reward right at this moment. So, if we gap down tomorrow and gap goes unfilled, that'll be very bearish and I don't think the meeting is going to change it in any meaningful way. They never did. I think that'll warrant 210-220 next week for the calls. If we don't gap down then I'll hold or sell 240C. Remember the week after next is CPI and FOMC and market sentiment is undeniably bearish so even if we run up on Thursday, chances are we won't get very far before pulling back. 240 gives it some room to run.

The shares trade until 8 PM EST. It’s the option market that closes at 4 PM EST and doesn’t reopen till the following day @ 9:30 AM. So can be risky to hold options overnight unless you choose the strikes properly/conservatively.
True, but I'm looking to sell CC's so will wait until Thursday morning unless we see an unexpected drop below support tomorrow.

Reactions: saniflash
Actually I've just sold some -170P for 3/10. It's below my projected monthly bottom and derisking is already underway today so I don't expect any disastrous drop after the event.
I wonder what happens tomorrow ... goes up again and after the event (if drops), would come down to 200 ? May be 190s again.

I had sold -170/+165 for 3/3, which I can buy back now and sell 3/10. But will probably wait for Thursday ...

Did y'all see it again today SPY daily options going bananas 397P 398C, Heavy push down on $TSLA and $AAPL even triggering some stoplosses I guess, so the last 15 minutes will be used to stop the fall and and nicely push above 397.
More then 460.000 options traded on those each today. There are a lot of you tubers complaining about daily SPY-Options troubling free market and since I follow these options, I must admit they seem to be right. If a crash is coming, it will be more impactfull because of daily SPY options preventing the market from acting normally. It is a kind of magnet, making big moves overnight more possible, because they can no more happen during the day (only black swans/big news can destroy the effect.)
SPY 397.13 now, so they did it again... surprise... (yesterday they were off, but de volume was much much lower, so today they cashed it back.)

Last edited: