Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have rolled my -c180 this week all the way down to -c160 this morning and quickly get +40%. Mixed feeling tbh. Will keep selling ITM call as long as it stay <160.

EDIT: More likely @Max Plaid will keep all his premiums for his sell calls.
Maybe, these things can reverse fast, I'd rather close the week closer to 160 so I can get more premium for the same strike next...

There is no money to get back into the 200s, 180 I’m not sure but Ide be surprised if we could break 185 which is where we traded the 2 days leading into earnings. Even long time holders and funds are trimming. The traders and option hedging mm’s can only take it so far.

Also agree with this sentiment. There are too many people who are willing to sell on a rip. I find it hard to believe we get to the 180s unless there is actual news from the company

I agree, I never felt more berish. Seeing $175 would be amazing. No buy backs in sight and Elon doesn't seem like he will step down from Twitter any time soon. I actually don't even want to trade CC's anymore; I just feel like I need to stop looking at the stock in the mean time and wait a year or so because is incredibly frustrating . Also, I don't understand why demand is not surging with the crazy price cuts. I get interest rates are high but it is mind blowing that Tesla is not moving way more units with the EV incentives an all. Tesla needs to secure really low interest loans somehow to help customer and consider doing an small pilot campaign of ads to see if that increases demand IMO.

Reactions: MikeC
I agree, I never felt more berish. Seeing $175 would be amazing. No buy backs in sight and Elon doesn't seem like he will step down from Twitter any time soon. I actually don't even want to trade CC's anymore; I just feel like I need to stop looking at the stock in the mean time and wait a year or so because is incredibly frustrating . Also, I don't understand why demand is not surging with the crazy price cuts. I get interest rates are high but it is mind blowing that Tesla is not moving way more units with the EV incentives an all. Tesla needs to secure really low interest loans somehow to help customer and consider doing an small pilot campaign of ads to see if that increases demand IMO.

I don’t think it’s definitive that Tesla is not moving inventory, nobody has true figures outside of Tesla and it’s just speculation at this point.

Wasn't there a goal around 154 or so? I remember it being mentioned here several times.

Wicked Stocks has two big support levels - 153 & 146. We hit the first one today. If it breaks I guess we are looking at 146 within a week.

If 146 breaks, it will get ugly.

1682522594423.png

I see further downside risk. Inventory is building and you can bet that any price reduction will be met with a good sell off. Only upside “risk” I see is macro driven - Fed pause or ice cold CPI.

I should add that I rolled my 4/28 160s down to 5/5 150s yesterday before close.

A couple more thoughts - it's possible today's move is not just a reaction to the Jeffries downgrade, but also investors/traders getting out in front of visibly rising inventory levels and anticipating another price cut - so maybe the reaction to another cut won't be dramatic (though I would expect an attack to try and drive the price down regardless).

For the upside, I did forget about the "Highland" unveil. I typically wouldn't expect something like this to be a catalyst for the stock price, but who knows - if it drives a lot of Model 3 volume that would obviously be met with optimism.

Reactions: Jim Holder
I agree, I never felt more bearish.
Time to breath. This isn’t the end of the world, just a MMD on steroids, as they try to fill the January gap down to 146. I expect more of he same until they reach their goal. Put in your buy orders accordingly. For my part, it was a busy, scrambling, day. STC 5/19 +p150s at the MMD for about 2x. They were insurance and they paid off quite nicely, but probably not enough to offset my BPS-side losses. For this week’s options: closed BCS-side of the ICs, and rolled out/down the BPS, closed CCs and waited for the bounce to resell 5/5 -c160s and BCS-side of ICs. Still holding Jan2025 -c200s/-c210s, waiting to close when we hit $146.69. Still lots of cash waiting for the final drop.

Obviously worried about 4/28 ICs. Current positions:
-c160s for 5/12, 5/19
-p200s, -c200s and -c210s for January 2025
ICs: +p140/-p155/-c160/+c175 for 4/28
ICs: +p130/-p155/-c165/+c190for 5/12

Finally, there is a light at the end of the tunnel (and hopefully it’s not a train). It looks like some whales are betting this is a significant bottom. Look at this morning’s straight call buying, and some serious put spreads. Also, IV seems to be the lowest that it has been in months. Food for thought:

7F2EC0C0-D570-4404-BFE1-8BFBE6AAFC37.jpeg

Noticing a pattern this week of a sell off at open and then a slow rise the rest of the day, only to sell off the next morning.

I’m thinking maybe people are shorting hard at the open and then buying back slowly the rest of the day.

I closed out all my 160c and above and opened some 155c and 157.50c for this week and 160c and 165c for next. Used proceed to roll puts down to 160p for this week and 165p next week.

Noticing a pattern this week of a sell off at open and then a slow rise the rest of the day, only to sell off the next morning.
Same as market or different from market ?

For example, from 11:30 AM, TSLA is roughly following Nasdaq that is slowly raising. IMO if the market was going down today, SP would have probably gone back down to ~154.

Thats a tight IC.

IMO, the volatility is still high - even though IV is down as usual post-ER.

I wouldn't touch anything closer than $15-$20 OTM.
Yes, I’m not really happy about it. it was much wider, but rolled the call side down in response to today’s action. Unless I’m lucky, they will get rolled on Friday and hopefully widened to a better position.

Reactions: EVNow
Same as market or different from market ?

For example, from 11:30 AM, TSLA is roughly following Nasdaq that is slowly raising. IMO if the market was going down today, SP would have probably gone back down to ~154.

Without considering anything else. Just seems like a ~$5 drop at open and then a very boring $2-3 recovery the rest of the day for all 3 days this week so far.

Maxpain is 155 and two high put walls are 150 and 160. So I STO -p150 this week for $1.2. View attachment 932043
Its confusing - but the first price they show there is the current SP - 155.39. Second one is the max pain - 165. They are not properly aligned.

Now - its an entirely different question as to whether you can trust a site that apparently can't even align / use a simple table in HTML properly ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Max Plaid
Given that it's 10% up AH, I would hazard a guess that $META results were a "beat", whatever that entails... so at least the other tech mega caps are doing their part to keep the indices up, which can only help, surely...

META +$20
MSFT +20
Ironic to see everything else is recession proof except our beloved TSLA…🤔

TSLA bounce where art thou?