Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think market will not be ready to greet Santa until AAPL ER is out of the way. They will miss and visit 162. SPY may or may not make a lower low.
On what time frame to you expect a trip to $162 for aapl? The day after ER and then rebound or a continuation of the downward channel?

I had sold outs on AAPL 1 month ago and my order to buy then back at 50% profit didn’t go through and now it became a losing position. I am hesitant to roll them out or buy the outs back and short it by buying puts.

On what time frame to you expect a trip to $162 for aapl? The day after ER and then rebound or a continuation of the downward channel?

I had sold outs on AAPL 1 month ago and my order to buy then back at 50% profit didn’t go through and now it became a losing position. I am hesitant to roll them out or buy the outs back and short it by buying puts.
I tried some trading with AAPL last year and although I got out break-even I thought it was a terrible stock for options - weekly rolls were very difficult... GOOGL wasn't so bad, but in the end I just stuck with TSLA, more bang for the buck

Last edited:
TSLA getting nippy this morning…$204.60 👀
Thought we were going down to 185, not up to 205 😖

I guess this is based on the job numbers... looking to sell some puts, -p190 is a "safe strike for me", but maybe better to wait until later in the day, we'll be seeing some volatility this evening for sure!

That being said, recently pre-market has flipped in main, so who knows...

Max Pain website not working for me today, Swaggy says 207.50, but I don't know if that's updated or not

Max Pain website not working for me today, Swaggy says 207.50, but I don't know if that's updated or not
I just pulled the data for ya:

1698845105051.png

I don't know about timing. The first leg down for AAPL is an unmistakable 5 wave impulse. Therefore, I expect another 5 waver for the 2nd leg. So far we've only seen 3 and so my bet is it will get up to 173-175 before plunging to 162 to complete the sequence. The only event of significance on schedule right now is ER tomorrow so that's why I think it will miss. Fortunately it looks like an ending diagonal, much much less bearish than another impulse.

I must admit that this is all very rough at the moment. AAPL is not 175 yet so it *might* get to 175 after ER and then slide down. If AAPL gets to 175 tomorrow then it'll be easier to call.

1698847831914.png

Last edited:
Short selling does require a bit of a buyers strike to be truly effective. Might as well be a virtual tug of war.
I believe SPY and QQQ are at critical resistance areas too 420 and 355

I decided to go with 100x 11/3 -p195 @$2.3, the same trade I was trying for yesterday evening

Why 100x -p195 and not 200x -p190? I see it as less risky, keeps some powder dry for writing next week already if we get more dip from FOMC and/or AAPL and I can roll these ones two weeks out if I want

All written against March +p200's bought a while back, nice to be writing short puts below the long strike for once, zero risk

I decided to go with 100x 11/3 -p195 @$2.3, the same trade I was trying for yesterday evening

Why 100x -p195 and not 200x -p190? I see it as less risky, keeps some powder dry for writing next week already if we get more dip from FOMC and/or AAPL and I can roll these ones two weeks out if I want

All written against March +p200's bought a while back, nice to be writing short puts below the long strike for once, zero risk
big dog move!!! Good luck buddy ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Max Plaid

I’d watch this like a hawk…there is a lot of market moving action in the next couple days. If AAPL s.t.b., going sub $160, we’re going to see S&P and NDQ down hard and TSLA won’t be spared. I’m mostly expecting AAPL to report poor rev/earnings, lower ASP’s and if any guidance comes out, be lower than any factset projection. Friday is BLS jobs, and if strong this too would put downward pressure on mkts, elevating rates higher - which is what the bond vigilantes want with so much Treasury underwriting coming in the next 1-2 months. It’s so much more than a boatload, they’re going to need a bigger boat. ;-)

Last edited: