Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kinda support 232-230, though sometimes BookMap levels can be blown through.
(redder line = stronger)

1704814473327.png

Reactions: Yoona
While I'm having fun scalping short calls for decent consistent gains, the real money would have been selling commons at say, $240 and buying back at $232, a +$48k gain in my case, but I'm not yet ready emotionally for pulling the trigger, plus the anxiety around when to get back in is too much for me ATM. It's my next skill to learn. Maybe small pieces at first. Options seem safer since there are a variety of escape tools. A wrong move after selling longs can be quite harmful.

For those that scalp commons at break of major support, can you share how you do it and some rules/tips?

Well screw you markets, has a BTC order for my 200x 1/26 -c260's in for $2.45, price was hit, SP went lower even more, but only 5x of the 200 executed :mad:

Anyway... BTC 59x Sep 2024 -c270 @$25.44, sold yesterday for $28.90, I'll take the $20.5k and resell at some point

Plan with the -c260's was to love to more aggressive weeklies with less contracts, let's see...

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: adiggs and tivoboy
Thanks. So plan seems still in play: DCB from here to $257 or thereabout and lower still after:

View attachment 1007374
(Credit: DL003)
There will be a dead cat, a real one. Whether it starts from 232.x or lower, I don't know, but we're at that point where I'm willing to hold my longs a bit longer. 257 might not happen at all.

While I'm having fun scalping short calls for decent consistent gains, the real money would have been selling commons at say, $240 and buying back at $232, a +$48k gain in my case, but I'm not yet ready emotionally for pulling the trigger, plus the anxiety around when to get back in is too much for me ATM. It's my next skill to learn. Maybe small pieces at first. Options seem safer since there are a variety of escape tools. A wrong move after selling longs can be quite harmful.

For those that scalp commons at break of major support, can you share how you do it and some rules/tips?

buying some puts when they were cheap would have helped with that. ;-)..…..…

too soon?

Interesting to see, even though TSLA dumped, negative dealer deltas increased (more bullish confirmation, 3rd day):

View attachment 1007372
I’m worried that this is getting confused with a greater number of 0DTE, that may not be being priced and incorporated into the data effectively. I’m starting to see that sort of action in SPX and QQQ puts, and VIX data already but I haven’t made the effort to figure it out yet.

• Informative
Reactions: UncaNed