Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure how the institutions will react to the tweet, is it really that bad? If they dump and the stampede feeds on itself then sayonara to short puts and long calls, echoes of January 2022.

I plan to eye cutting my longs and recently bought +C LEAPS at open until there’s more clarity about what’s coming next.

Never a dull moment!
This now puts the need for clarity even more on the forefront for the upcoming Earnings call. I am not getting my hopes up

I’ve read somewhere that Elon already has 20.6% of voting rights, so his ask is just a 4.4% boost. Although not sure the semantics are material as much as how it exposes his willingness to pull value away from Tesla and how that will be interpreted in the market.

Either way, don’t want to derail the focus of this thread any more.

Reactions: 2Pearls
Yeah I’m probably selling CC’s on my remaining shares tomorrow. Might as well make some income while I watch the shares tank as Elon just introduced one hell of a bear narrative on holding any shares of TSLA.
Haha, would be so Elon if he nukes the price tomorrow just so he can buy in. "Well I did say I want to increase my stake in Tesla"....

Haha, would be so Elon if he nukes the price tomorrow just so he can buy in. "Well I did say I want to increase my stake in Tesla"....
Narrative: He’s become bored of Tesla and outraged about cultural issues which has his attention now.

OTOH all the doom speak is often where bottoms form. I’m not smart enough to know if this time is an exception.

What strike/expiration are you thinking?
I’m not going to be greedy. Will probably do June 2026 $400 strike. I’ll also close out a portion of my Dec 2025 CC’s and replace them with the June 2026 CC’s. I could be a lot more greedy but I like the flexibility and I don’t want to be caught with my pants down if the board acts quickly and Elon has a new comp plan by earnings.

The incoming tanking of the share price might be brief but it’ll give me a chance to close out the remaining Dec 2025 CC’s for pennies on the dollar

I don’t see the board letting this spat linger for too long. So any plummet in the stock will be recovered somewhat when the new comp plan gets announced.

But this “threat” by Elon is in such bad taste that plenty of institutional investors are going to stay very far away from TSLA for quite a while.

If we break $217, $206.69 would be next and $178 will be in play by the end of February. There is also a $194-196 level there that we might bounce from. if we finish above $225 tomorrow we are going up and I would invalidate the sale signal. Good luck everyone.

1000013637.png

If we break $217, $206.69 would be next and $178 will be in play by the end of February. There is also a $194-196 level there that we might bounce from. if we finish above $225 tomorrow we are going up and I would invalidate the sale signal. Good luck everyone.

View attachment 1009225

Unless Elon makes further tweets that reverse what he just said or a new comp plan gets announced before open, tomorrow is a going to be one hell of a red day. TSLA was already teetering on the edge of major move down, Elon just give all the ammunition ever needed for a flash crash to start.

That tweet actually makes the situation seem worse because he’s saying the board is unable to offer him a new comp plan until that verdict is out….but who knows when that will happen. A month from now or a year from now? I don’t know the rules and stipulations about how long a judge can delay giving a verdict.

Which makes Elons “threat” even weirder to make. Why make that threat if he knows the boards hands are tied for the time being?

Either way as usual with Elon, the way he goes about things just means pain for shareholders. At least now I’m making money off of Elons constant torpedo of the stock 😅